Deloitte Software Developer Apprenticeship has been saved
Deloitte Software Developer Apprenticeship
Take the leap into tech
Get all the skills you need to become a Software Development professional in our immersive work-study programme
Have you been considering a career change? Or maybe you want to break into the tech industry but aren't sure how?
Apply for our Software Developer Apprenticeship and join a comprehensive program that provides you with the skills and training you need to become a Software Development professional.
Applications for the Autumn 2021 intake are now closed.
As part of our paid Software Developer Apprenticeship, you'll join our team at Deloitte and be assigned a coach, who will work with you throughout your 24-month apprenticeship. The program can include 2-3 work placement rotations and you will be supported day-to-day by a team leader for each of them.
Apprentices start in Autumn 2021 with a six-month block of offsite training in collaboration with our educational partner, Fastrack into Information Technology (FIT), who are the National Coordinating Provider
for Tech Apprenticeships. The programme will be delivered by Dublin and Dun Laoghaire Education and Training Board (DDLETB) at their Tallaght Training Centre location.
This work-study model allows you to learn the basics of technology consulting by following the ICT Associate Professional Software Developer track, and sets you up for success for your onsite time at Deloitte. With experience, you could become a senior developer with responsibility for systems analysis, design and development, IT architecture, business systems analysis and testing.
While on work placement, you will have the opportunity to collaborate within a team to solve real-life problems. You will get exposure to a range of different roles across the company including coding, cloud, DevOps, automation, testing, business analysis and project management.
After your initial 6 months of full-time training, your apprenticeship will involve a combination of training centre courses and on-the-job experience in a
combination of remote and office-based work depending on Covid Guidelines. This may require successful candidates to have the capacity to work from home subject to Government guidelines. You’ll study towards an Advanced Certificate in Computer Programming (Software Development) at NFQ Level 6 and you will gain the skills you need to build your expertise and establish yourself as a technology professional.
No commercial software development experience is required. However, this programme does have the following minimum requirements:
- Achieved a passing grade in 5 or more subjects (including Maths and English) in the Leaving Certificate or an equivalent qualification.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Coding experience in any programming language.
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies, demonstrated through personal projects and interest in learning new skills.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
- Effective communication and organisational skills, proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, and strong problem-solving capabilities.
- 2 year apprenticeship programme
- Months 1-6: Offsite training
- Months 7-24: Work placement at Deloitte
- Advanced Certificate in Computer Programming (Software Development) received upon completion