Life at Deloitte
Exam success at Deloitte
Our people consistently excel in their professional examinations and have had a number of distinctions over the years. The importance of exam success in Deloitte is reflected in the tangible support offered to students.
2019 CAP 1 & 2 Exams
Congratulations to everyone who successfully passed their CAP 1 exams this year; it clearly shows all the hard work and diligence applied in studying for the exams. The firm did exceptionally well achieving a pass rate of 87% which is 7% above the national average.
A special congratulations to Thomas Delahunt from the Corporate Tax department in Dublin who received 6th place. This is an outstanding achievement for Thomas and the firm.
CAP 2 exam results issued this year, we had an 80% pass, rate which is 13% higher than national average. Congratulations to all those who completed them successfully.
Deloitte celebrates exam success!
In 2019, The Irish Tax Institute CTA Part 3 results;
Rebecca Barrett from the Global Employer Services team placed 2nd in the exams and Matthew O’Neill from Corporate Tax placed 3rd.
In 2018, Deloitte Analysts achieved astounding exam success. We recently celebrated a 91% pass rate in the FAE exams which is 11% above the national average. A big well done to our associates and the work they have put in to achieve this excellent results. Congrats also to Matthew O'Neill in Tax who was placed third in Ireland receiving the Harold F. Bell Memorial Award.
Luke Bailey in the summer achieved 1st place in the Chartered Accountants Proficiency 2 (CAP2) examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland. In addition Luke achieved the F.N. Kelly Memorial Prize, which is awarded to the highest scoring candidate in the tax paper in the Republic of Ireland.
Luke’s result is reflective of the overall exam success throughout Deloitte in the CAP2 examinations. There was an overall pass rate of 84% in the firm, which is 14% higher than the national average. His success also comes after Deloitte associate, Lavannia, achieved first place in the Chartered Accountants Proficiency 1 (CAP1) examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland in 2018, with Deloitte achieving a 94% pass rate overall, 13% over the national average.
How can we help you succeed?
At Deloitte we are committed to helping you achieve your definition of success by providing high quality learning and support programmes at every stage of your career ensuring you have the knowledge and skills you need to advance your career quickly at Deloitte.
What framework is in place to help you achieve your ambitions?
Within Deloitte we have defined Learning Pathways to provide planned learning interventions at each stage of an individual’s career:
- “Career pathways” set out the expected progression path from associate to partner
- “Development pathways” show the shifting emphasis on the shared competency areas, as you develop your career in Deloitte
- “Learning pathways” focus on integrated professional and technical training programmes, designed to map key learning and support programmes to each stage of your career
Examples of these programmes include:
- Induction programmes
- Technical learning
- Professional skills courses
- Accredited management development programmes
- Leadership development programmes
- E-Learning programmes, certified by Harvard University
- Professional qualifications/further study
Roles and responsibilities in Deloitte are structured to allow graduates to gain a wide range of experience progressing through the grades as quickly as possible. In support of this, we are one of the only professional services firms with a full-time Talent Manager who is available to discuss career plans and objectives with graduates as they progress through their training contract.
Some graduates progress to assistant manager level after completing their qualifications. Others choose to stay working in practice, continuing with their specialisation. Some join Deloitte clients who they worked with during their contract, taking up positions as financial controllers or tax advisors sometimes working their way up to CEO level. Others transfer internally to experience other areas of interest, often continuing their studies. We are particularly proud of the number of former associates who re-join Deloitte having taken a year or two out to travel the world.
Read more about our learning approach and exam support at Deloitte.
A huge congratulations to our Graduates who excelled in their professional exams in 2017
- Danielle Deasy of Corporate Tax, who placed 1st in Ireland in the 2017 CTA Tax exams
- Fionnan Johnson from our Audit SME team in Dublin who placed joint 3rd in the 2017 CAP 2 exams
- Sean Devilly from the Audit CTB team in Dublin who has placed joint 9th the 2017 CAP 2 exams
- Overall Deloitte were 12% above the 2017 national average pass rate in Ireland
Deloitte is pleased to announce that Danielle Deasy achieved first place and Aisling Kelly achieved ninth place in the Final Admitting Examination (FAE) of Chartered Accountants Ireland 2016.
Danielle, from Ballincollig in Cork, joined Deloitte in September 2014. Prior to this, Danielle completed her undergraduate degree and Masters in Accounting in University College Cork. By completing her FAE exam, Danielle is now a fully qualified chartered accountant. Danielle has a strong track record of exam success having also come first in the Irish Taxation Institute Part 2 Tax exams in 2015. In her spare time, Danielle enjoys jogging, travelling and horse-riding.
Aisling, from Rathmines in Dublin 6, joined Deloitte in September 2014. Prior to this, Aisling studied Business & Law in University College Dublin, and completed her Masters in Accounting at UCD’s Smurfit Business School. She works with the firm’s private clients department. By completing her FAE exam, Aisling is now a fully qualified chartered accountant. In her spare time, Aisling enjoys travelling, scuba diving and visiting Zara!
The success of Danielle and Aisling is reflective of the success achieved throughout the firm as it supports its associates on the journey to professional qualifications. In addition to this recent success in the FAE examinations, associates of the firm achieved a further four top ten placements in ACA, AITI and CIMA professional exams this year.
- Our Tax associates achieved a success rate of 100% in Autumn Part 1 AITI exams in 2015.
- Our Tax associates achieved a success rate of 67% pass rate for Part 2 AITI exams in 2015.
- Our Audit associates achieved a success rate of 73% in CAP2 exams in 2015.
- Edward Rice (Audit) was placed joint 3rd in Ireland in the CAP2 exams in 2015.
- Aine Ryan (Audit) was placed joint 5th in in Ireland in the CAP2 exams in 2015.
- Deirdre Murphy (Corporate Finance) was placed 9th in Ireland in the CAP2 exams in 2015.
- Our Audit associates achieved a success rate of 96% in CAP1 exams in 2015.
- Caroline Browne (Audit) was placed 4th in Ireland in the CAP1 exams in 2015.
- Our Tax associates achieved a success rate of 100% in the AITI Part 3 exams in 2015.
- Eoin Galvin (Tax) was placed 1st in Ireland in the Autumn AITI Part 3 exams in 2015.
- Danielle Deasy (Tax) was placed 1st in Ireland in the AITI Part 2 exams in 2015.
- Kate O'Toole (Tax) was placed 3rd in Ireland in the AITI Part 2 exams in 2015.
- Ralitza Petrova (Audit) was placed 3rd in Ireland in the ACCA exams for P6 Irl and 25th globally in the December 2014 exam session P6 exam
- Eoin Galvin (Tax) was placed 4th in Ireland in the FAE exams in 2014 and received the John Mackie Memorial Award.
- Sandra Brooks (Audit) was placed 2nd in the CAP2 exams in 2014.
- Lisa Mongey (Audit) was placed joint 3rd in the CAP2 exams in 2014.
- Amy Moran (Audit) was placed 2nd in Part 2 AITI and Stage 2 CTC examinations in 2014.
- James Carton (Consulting) was placed 1st in the CIMA exams for paper CIMA P1 2014 and 4th for paper CIMA F1 2014.
- Aine McKavannagh (Consulting) was placed 2nd in CIMA exams for paper CIMA E1 2014.
- Tadhg O’Donovan (Consulting) was placed 4th in the CIMA exams for paper CIMA E2 2014.
- Daniel Griffin (Consulting) was placed 5th in the CIMA exams for paper CIMA F2 2014.
- Anthony Maher (Consulting) was placed 7th in the CIMA exams for paper CIMA E3 2014.
- Jennifer Curtin (Consulting) was placed 8th in the CIMA exams for paper CIMA F3 2014.