Why a Career in Restructuring Services?
At Deloitte, success is about protecting, enhancing and realising value for our clients. That’s how our Financial Advisory team makes a lasting impact that matters. A key component of our work is realising value through a disposal or restructuring with emphasis is on delivering innovative, effective solutions tailored towards our clients’ specific requirements.
Building a career at Deloitte builds your future as a professional and gives you the opportunity to work with some of the biggest companies not only in Ireland but across the globe. The Deloitte Restructuring Services clients come from a range of industry sectors, which contributes to the diverse and varied nature of assignments. We work in teams that vary in size according to the assignment and are designed to foster a collaborative working approach across all levels. From an early stage, our analysts are dealing with senior level personnel in companies and are working on high profile transactions which are often highly confidential and complex in nature.
- What is Restructuring Services?
- Department breakdown
- Learning and Development
- Paths to qualification
- Qualifications, Skills & Experience
What is Restructuring Services?
In Restructuring Services we have extensive practical experience in all aspects of corporate insolvencies and reconstructions.
In reconstructions we use a multidisciplinary approach to review each business, address the underlying causes of underperformance, and provide a programme for and assist with the implementation of a reorganisation and restructuring plan.
We provide the following services to companies in financial difficulty and their providers of capital:
- Advising on reorganisation and restructuring plans and their implementation.
- Advising investors, lenders, shareholders and directors of businesses in financial difficulty.
- Acting on either formal or informal schemes of arrangement.
- Act in a formal capacity as Receiver, Examiner or Liquidator.
- Advising banks and other financial institutions who are experiencing difficulties with a borrower.
- Organising, implementing and managing corporate closures and liquidations.
What impact will you make?
Learning and Development
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
Structured technical training is available at each level of your training programme. In addition, we also provide professional training, which focuses on developing the competencies required to become a professional advisor to clients such as management and leadership development.
Read more about our learning approach, exam success and exam support at Deloitte.
Paths to qualification
Analysts within Financial Advisory are required to complete the Chartered Accountants Ireland qualification (ACA). The ACA qualification comprises three sets of professional examinations: CAP1; CAP2; Final Admitting Exam (FAE).
The many benefits of completing an ACA training contract with Deloitte can be found below:
- All education and exam fees paid
- Study and exam leave
- Exposure to quality, professional accountancy experience
- Mentored by senior Chartered Accountants
- Salary that increases in line with exam progression
- Strong foundation in skills such as audit, tax, or financial services for careers in either practice or business.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
At Deloitte, we offer competitive reward packages and a variety of benefits. The firm also offers a number of wellbeing programmes to reflect the balance of priorities in our people’s lives.
- 21 days annual leave rising with service plus 1 additional Deloitte Day (22 days total)
- Paid time off in lieu (TOIL)
- Compressed working week. 2pm finish on Friday’s during June, July and August
- Discounted health insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- Paid professional subscription
- Graduation leave
- Advanced learning and development programmes
- Comprehensive professional education and study leave programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Tax saver travel pass
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition awards
- Annual Corporate Responsibility Impact Day
- Deloitte Unplugged programme
- Corporate deals and discounts