Why a career in Risk Advisory?
Deloitte is the leading provider of risk services and therefore offers a wide array of high profile projects and with clients that are leaders in their industry. Deloitte Risk Advisory offers a wide array of services designed to understand IT and business risks, determine acceptable exposure levels, implement controls, and provide follow-up and constant monitoring in the risk and regulatory environment.
So what’s the work like?
We strive to remain at the forefront of excellence in both the quality of service we provide and the high achieving individuals we recruit. Interns within Risk Advisory get a great taste of skills and experiences through the comprehensive range of services we provide to our clients. Risk Advisory work on a wide variety of areas including assurance and advisory projects.
Our business at a glance: Risk Advisory
Paths to qualification
Service line offerings driven by world class methodologies:
• Internal Audit and Controls Assurance
• Technology Assurance
• Data Analytics
• Cyber Security
• Compliance & Regulatory
Industry specific focus include:
• Financial services
• Banking and Funds
• Consumer and Technology Businesses e.g. Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing
• Government, Public and Non-State Organisations (e.g., Government Departments, Local Government, and Sporting & Voluntary Organisations)
Trainees complete their examinations during their training contract. A range of course topics are provided to assist you in achieving your chosen professional qualification and to provide service quality to clients. These options include:
• Internal Audit trainees will study for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland qualification (ACA) with the benefit of financial and operational Risk Advisory audit experience
• Optional additional qualifications in Internal Audit Trainees also have the opportunity to gain additional professional qualifications from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
• IT Assurance, Data Analytics and Cyber positions will study for Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
• Compliance & Regulation Trainees may complete the Association of Compliance Officers of Ireland (ACOI) Professional Certificate and/or Diploma in Compliance, The Law Society Professional Practice Course (PPC1&2) to become a Solicitor or the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland qualification (ACA) to become chartered Accountant.
The firm is committed to supporting students through their course of study and subsequent admittance to the professional body not only by providing the competencies through the Risk Advisory work but also fully supporting this course of study through our Professional Education support programme. This provides a mixture of study leave, tutorials, mock exams and additional internal support mechanisms such as our exam hotline.
As the external environment continues to change, the demand placed on internal audit and control functions has never been greater. Our dedicated internal audit and controls assurance practices, both in Ireland and globally have the breadth and capability to support our clients’ business needs.
Regulatory Compliance Services
Our Risk Advisory team specialise in the provision of regulatory consulting services. This includes once off advisory support, regulatory project support and technical support. The ever increasing level of regulation to be complied with by our clients has resulted in a significant demand for these services and hence this is a marked area of growth for Deloitte.
IT audit’ section of Deloitte Risk Advisory offers a variety of services designed to identify, develop and test internal control policies and procedures within a clients' business information technology environments. We partner with clients in both an assurance and consulting capacity.
Our analytics team specialise in audit and bespoke analytics with the aim of providing more assurance to our engagement teams and delivering a greater level insight to our clients. We are focused on delivering analytics solutions to organisations to better identify and assess risk within the business and drive more informed decisions in mitigating the risk. This is an area where we are seeing an increased focus in recent years and our team is expanding to meet this demand. Working on the analytics team offers great opportunity to interrogate huge volumes of data using multiple analytical technologies.
Our Cyber Risk Services provides specialist advice to companies across all areas of information security and technology risk. Specialist service lines include Cyber Security Advisory, Forensics, and Network/Application security assessments. These rapidly expanding services lines, based in Dublin, offer high-quality work and a great deal of variety where no two projects are the same.
Meet our people
Darragh McMahon - Analyst in Risk Advisory, Cork
Jack Hegarty - Graduate, Risk Advisory
Aishling Cunningham - Senior Consultant, Risk Advisory
Shane McEntagart - Assistant Manager, Risk Advisory, Cyber Security
Jerry Lucey - Graduate, Risk Advisory, Cork
Juliana Cortegiano - Analyst, Risk Advisory