Why a Career in Risk Advisory? has been saved
Why a Career in Risk Advisory?
At Deloitte, we understand that risk is a source of competitive advantage. By managing risk more effectively, organisations unleash their full potential, creating and protecting value for stakeholders, and making a lasting impact on the business.
Meet Niamh from Risk Advisory
What is Risk Advisory?
Deloitte is the leading provider of Risk Advisory services, and offers the
opportunity to be involved with a wide array of high profile projects across
all sectors - from Financial Services (incl. Banking and Capital Markets,
Insurance, Investment Management) and Consumer & Technology Business to Government & Public Sector organisations.
At Deloitte, we believe that Risk Powers Performance, and as an incoming graduate or intern, you will work with organisations to identify, manage and prepare for risk, develop strategies to minimise risk and react quickly and confidently when faced with an issue or crisis. You will work with our global network to share ideas and take advantage of new technology to understand and resolve issues.
Our goal in Deloitte is to make an impact that matters with our clients. In Internal Audit we embrace this challenge by helping our clients better understand and manage their risks, controls, and governance. We get involved in all areas of their business and operations with a significant focus on emerging and evolving risks related to process change, regulations, IT systems and environment.
Through our work, we provide assurance and advisory services to our clients in their drive for process efficiency, fraud detection, operational quality, internal control, and regulatory compliance. We thrive on providing strategic advice, innovative solutions and transformation services to achieve a higher level of performance, bringing greater value to our clients.
Focusing on addressing issues relating to accounting and financial reporting, risk, and internal controls systems, you will be joining an Internal Audit team that is recognised as best in class. As an Internal Audit professional you will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of corporate and public sector organisations, including well known multi-nationals. Our clients are diverse in scale, industry and location, each providing new insights into Finance, Risk, IT, Data and wider business issues.
We support a wide range of clients on their most pressing sustainability challenges and opportunities through a spectrum of offerings ranging from defining sustainability priorities to independent assurance. You will have a key role supporting the team with growing opportunities, assisting with business development, and supporting on high quality engagements.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for the following:
- Supporting on client sustainability engagements across all industries
- Supporting on business development to our sustainability service offering (ethical supply chain management, sustainable finance, climate risk and low carbon transition etc.)
- Supporting our go to market activities
- Building knowledge across the wider Deloitte internal team
- Working alongside others on all sustainability matters and industries as the team continues to grow
- Supporting to the development of the practice’s future strategy
Regulatory and Legal Support (RLS)
We support clients in managing regulatory compliance, prudential regulations (financial risk areas including capital, liquidity, credit risk and business model analysis), financial crime (incl. anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF)).
As a part of our growing and diverse team you will have the opportunity to work in a wide range of projects across different sectors, including Financial Services (Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance etc.). Activities our team perform include:
- Regulatory remediation projects.
- Capital and liquidity risk management.
- AML/CTF framework assessments.
- Regulatory due diligence reviews.
- Consumer protection and conduct of business assessments.
- Financial risk modelling and analytics.
We have opportunities available for associates interested in the following professional pathways:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ACA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) qualifications
- The Association of Compliance Officers of Ireland (ACOI) Professional Certificate and/or Diploma in Compliance
- Law Society of Ireland Professional Practice Course (PPC1&2)
- The Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Financial Risk Manager Examinations (FRM).
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
The firm is committed to supporting students through their course of study and subsequent admittance to the professional body not only by providing the competencies through the Risk Advisory work but also fully supporting this course of study through our Professional Education support programme. This provides a mixture of study leave, tutorials, mock exams and additional internal support mechanisms such as our exam hotline.
We also offer a choice of courses on sustainability in our Risk Advisory team.
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
Your Reward at Deloitte encompasses a competitive salary and benefits, exam awards, paid study leave and recognition of discretionary effort. Here, recognition doesn’t just come from leaders. It’s part of a culture where we take pride in our colleagues’ accomplishments as much as we do our own.
Benefits in our Graduate Programme include, among others:
- 21 days annual leave rising with service plus 1 additional Deloitte Day (22 days total) + Gradution leave
- Advanced learning and development programmes as well as comprehensive professional education and study leave programmes
- Compressed working week (2pm finish on Fridays during June, July and August) and agile/hybrid working options
- Tax saver travel pass & cycle to work scheme
- Deloitte Unplugged wellbeing programme
- Employee assistance programme and online GP service
Speak to your recruiter to find out the full range of benefits for your particular role.
Find out more about Your Reward at Deloitte
Join the conversation on social media #yourDeloitte