Why a Career in Tax? has been saved
Why a Career in Tax?
Apply now for the Deloitte Tax Graduate Programme and build your career with us
Our multi-award winning Tax team is one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory service providers in Ireland. We provide a full range of business and personal taxation services to a wide range of clients, from the largest multinational companies to family-owned businesses and private individuals.
Meet Dan Morrissey from Tax
What is Tax?
Tax is all about solving complex intellectual challenges. We help our clients make the right business decisions, on a worldwide scale, by working collaboratively and creatively. Which means you get to see the bigger picture and become an expert in your specialist field.
Tax is constantly developing and is a significant business issue and cost for our clients, particularly in the current climate. Working with our collaborative teams, you will be able to respond to our client’s complex tax issues and provide and offer cost-effective support for more routine matters.
Tax is changing; it’s more high-profile than ever. We need creative problem solvers who will drive innovation in tax consulting and make a lasting impact.
Find out more:
- Opportunity to work with the #1 global leader in professional services by both revenue and number of professionals and one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory service providers in Ireland.
- Deloitte Ireland, the leading business advisory firm, was shortlisted as 2020 Ireland Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year award in the International Tax Review (ITR) European Tax Awards. Deloitte was one of only three firms shortlisted from a range of firms or the award.
- Advise and collaborate with a wide range of clients - from the largest multinational companies to family-owned businesses and private individuals.
- Be a part of the best-in-Ireland professional development programme. Deloitte has one of the highest exam pass rates in professional exams in Ireland and a comprehensive exam study support programme available for ACA and CTA exams. Some of our 2019 exam successes include 2nd and 3rd place in Ireland in the CTA Part 3 exams, 6th place in Ireland in the CAP 1 exams and 4th & 8th place in the FAE exams. This is reflective of the overall 2019 exam success throughout Deloitte with a pass rate of 87% in the CAP1 exams which is 7% above the national average, a pass rate of 81% in the CAP2 exams which is 14% above the national average and a pass rate of 88% in the FAE exams which is 10% above the national average.
- Join an award-winning team: Deloitte Ireland were awarded as Tier 1 Tax & Tier 1 Transfer Pricing firms by International Tax Review World Tax Guides 2021. Also shortlisted as Ireland’s Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year 2020, and won award in 2019, 2017, 2016, 2013 and 2012. Listed as European Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year 2019 as recognised by the International Tax Review.
- Represent leading clients in tax disputes and accompanying our Tax Partners at proceedings both home and abroad.
- Enjoy Tax Unplugged and social committees; arranging frequent sports and social events.
- You will have the opportunity to develop solutions for our clients in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by
on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue
to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
The content of your training depends on your role.
Our Financial Services industry specialists provide comprehensive tax solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, and investment management sectors. Read more
Our Corporate & International tax specialists develops solutions for indigenous
and multinational companies and advises companies on the tax impact of business reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions and financing structures. Read more
The Private Clients business unit helps individuals manage their personal wealth to protect family businesses and family wealth into the future. The members of the Private Clients team have varied backgrounds and includes solicitors, accountants and tax consultants.
Indirect Tax (VAT)
As an expert in all the indirect taxes that affect businesses, from VAT to landfill
tax, you’ll help clients minimize the costs whenever, wherever and however they
do business. Read more
Global Employer Solutions (GES)
Advising on mobility and reward. You’ll help employers of all shapes and sizes to effectively move their people around the globe and plan the right pay and benefits for their staff. The GES team works closely with the Deloitte global network. Read more
The transfer pricing business unit help companies manage risks by aligning practical transfer pricing solutions with companies overall global business operations and objectives, assist with strategic documentation to support transfer pricing practices and assist clients with tax authority dispute resolution matters. Our transfer pricing team is currently the International Tax Review Ireland transfer pricing firm of the year for 2016. Read more
There are three paths to qualifying:
- Completing the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland qualification (ACA) and the Irish Taxation Institute qualification (AITI)
- Completing the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland qualification (ACA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland Chartered Tax Consultant qualification (CTC)
- For those studying towards the tax qualification only, you will complete the Irish Taxation Institute qualification (AITI)
- Graduates joining the Belfast office will study the equivalent UK tax qualification, Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) and The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA).
- Associates who would like to complete both AITI and ACA exams are encouraged to complete a recognised Masters in Accounting or Post-Graduate diploma in Accounting, which if successful at interview stage will be offered sponsorship by Deloitte to do so.
- If this is not for you, our direct entry route allows graduates to join us directly after university to combine work and study throughout their training contract.
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem-solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
We offer competitive reward packages and a variety of benefits. The firm also offers a number of wellbeing programmes to reflect the balance of priorities in our people’s lives.
Upon joining our Graduate Programme in Tax, you can expect:
- 21 days annual leave rising with service plus 1 additional Deloitte Day (22 days total)
- Paid time off in lieu (TOIL)
- Compressed working week: 2pm finish on Fridays during June, July and August
- Discounted health insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- Paid professional subscription
- Graduation leave
- Advanced learning and development programmes
- Comprehensive professional education and study leave programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Tax saver travel pass
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition awards
- Annual Corporate Responsibility Impact Day
- Deloitte Unplugged programme
- Corporate deals and discounts
Read more about life at Deloitte.
Join the conversation on social media #yourDeloitte