Deloitte Best Managed Companies launches its 10th Year
Applications are officially open for the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Awards, now entering their 10th year in Ireland. The programme, in association with Bank of Ireland, recognises indigenous Irish companies across the island of Ireland which are operating at the highest levels of business performance and identifies how they are mastering their growth strategies across all key management functions. This is a unique awards programme in the way in which it recognises the efforts of the entire organisation, not just one individual.
Entrants will be assisted by coaches from Deloitte and Bank of Ireland in collating a submission outlining how and why the company is outperforming peer companies under the headings of strategy, capability, commitment and financial performance. This submission will then be assessed by a judging panel, chaired by Frank Ryan, with successful companies claiming the accolade as one of Ireland’s Best Managed Companies.
How to apply
To be considered for a Deloitte Best Managed Company Award, companies go through a two-phase application process.
Phase one – the online application form – now open!
Companies are required to complete a short application form online. To do so, simply log on to our BMC site and create a user account. Then fill in the phase I form and submit it by Friday, 6 August, 2017. Companies will be notified shortly thereafter if they have been shortlisted for phase II.
Phase two – the coaching process
Companies shortlisted for phase two of the application process, which commences in early September, are asked to complete a second, more detailed submission.
During phase two, companies will be asked to prepare a draft submission in which they must demonstrate how the organisation is meeting and mastering its growth strategy. This phase commences in early September at which point companies will be assigned coaches from Deloitte and Bank of Ireland who will help you formulate your approach to completing the submission.
Not only will the coaching process enable companies to produce the best possible submission, but it is also an opportunity to review and evaluate business strategies and can ultimately assist with the future development path for the organisation. Even if your company is not among the final winners, companies are guaranteed to benefit from the business expertise gained during the coaching process.
- Exclusive use of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies designation, an important marketing tool for your business both nationally and internationally
- Excellent public recognition and profile through our media partner, The Sunday Business Post, including a special Deloitte Best Managed Companies supplement
- Extensive coverage in national and local media
- Rich networking opportunities throughout the year at our exclusive networking events
- An enhanced ability to attract and retain top talent
- The award recognises the entire company, not just one Individual
- A self evaluation of business strategies in conjunction with an external coach who will provide an independent perspective.
- Professional development at a symposium, run in conjunction with the Irish Management Institute
- Recognition by other business leaders at an exclusive black tie gala awards ceremony
- An opportunity to requalify as a Deloitte Best Managed Company for a further two years after winning the award initially and retain all of the winners’ benefits, leading to the Gold Standard Award in the 4th year and Platinum Club in the 7th year
Companies wishing to enter the programme must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Companies must be Irish/Northern Irish, substantially privately owned, managed and controlled (incorporated in either the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland)
- Have a turnover in excess of €5 million (£4 million)
- Must be established for at least five years
- Demonstrate superior financial performance over the past three years (in relation to their peers)
The following organisations are ineligible:
- Public companies
- Foreign multinationals and their subsidiaries
- Credit unions/insurance companies/banks/co-ops
- Charities and not-for-profit organisations and their subsidiaries
The programme is open to eligible companies from all 32 counties on the island of Ireland and there are benefits to all companies entering the programme, not just the winners. We invite you and your company to enter the programme today. Simply log on to deloittebestmanaged.ie and if you require further information please email ieBMC@deloitte.ie