The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker Q3 2016 has been saved
The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker Q3 2016
Alternative lenders: Pollination of the European markets
The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker now covers 50 leading Alternative Lenders, with whom we track primary mid-market deals across Europe.
The thirteenth issue covers data for the third quarter of 2016 that closed with 67 deals completing, explores current trends in the Alternative Lender market and provides insights on the outlook for this area.
- The number of deals covered has increased to 862 transactions over the past 16 quarters
- This issue covers data for the third quarter of 2016 that closed with 67 deals representing a 7% increase in deal flow on a last 12 months basis in comparison with the previous year
- Whilst on the whole, Alternative Lenders in Europe increased their deal flow in Q3, the UK deal flow decreased, by 21% on an LTM basis, with the rest of Europe more than offsetting the UK’s reduction, increasing by 29% vs. prior year
- This comes as a result of an increasing acceptance of Alternative Lenders in overseas jurisdictions traditionally dominated by banks as well as uncertainty associated with Brexit.
- This has also been the case in Ireland, where we believe Alternative Lenders will continue to play a key role in the Irish leveraged debt market in coming years.