The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker
Spreading their wings: Direct Lenders evolve their product suite
The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker covers 63 leading Alternative Lenders, with whom we track deals across Europe. The eighteenth issue covers data for the fourth quarter of 2017 that closed with 103 deals completing, representing a 32% increase in deal flow on a last 12 months basis in comparison with the previous year.
- 1301 deals recorded across Europe in the last 21 quarters with the UK recording a 35% growth in deals compared to 2016
- The Business, Infrastructure & Professional Services (BIPS) industry continues to be
dominantuser of Alternative Lending in Europe with 21%
- Lending in the quarter hit an impressive 103 deals, a rise of 51% on the same period in 2016
- 2017 has been the strongest in five years for Direct Lending fundraising in Europe with $24.5bn raised
- Direct Lenders are engaged in a new race to create a broader product suite, to appeal to a more diverse range of borrowers
Explore the deal tracker data in more detail below
Insights into the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker
Currently covers 63 leading Alternative Lenders. Only UK and European deals are included in the survey
* For the purpose of the deal tracker, we classify senior only deals with pricing L + 650bps or above as unitranche. Pricing below this hurdle is classified as senior debt.