The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker Q1 2017
The race for GDP growth: Europe closes in on US
The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker now covers 59 leading Alternative Lenders, with whom we track primary mid-market deals across Europe.
The fifteenth issue covers data for the first quarter of 2017 that closed with 79 deals completing, representing a 7% increase in deal flow on a last 12 months basis in comparison with the previous year.
- 2017 has been a bumper start for Europe where in Q1 2017 we saw US$9.1bn of closings, nearly twice the value of all of 2016 European fundraising.
- The number of deals covered has increased to 1011 transactions over the past 18 quarters.
- This issue covers data for the first quarter of 2017 that closed with 79 Alternative Lender deals representing a 7% increase in deal flow on a last 12 months basis in comparison with the previous year.
- Of 79 deals we observed in Q1 2017, over 60% were completed outside of the UK, representing a significant increase in comparison with the previous quarter.
- In the race for growth, Europe is gaining strength and is closing in on the US, with GDP across the Eurozone increasing by 0.6% quarter-on-quarter during the first three months of 2017, and 1.9% on prior year versus 2.0% for the US.
Insights into the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker
Currently covers 59 leading Alternative Lenders. only primary mid-market UK and European deals are included in survey
* For the purpose of the deal tracker, we classify senior only deals with pricing L + 650bps or above as unitranche. Pricing below this hurdle is classified as senior debt.
Alternative lenders: UK deal flow bounces back?