Asset Management Bulletin has been saved
Asset Management Bulletin
The Deloitte Asset Management Bulletin delivers you our latest updates and insights on industry and regulatory developments. We hope you find this edition useful and please contact us if you have any queries.
- Artificial Intelligence: The next frontier in investment management
- ETF market update
- Performance Magazine Issue 28 - January 2019
- Link'n Learn webinar series 2019
- 2019 Investment Management Industry Outlook
Artificial Intelligence: The next frontier in investment management
The operating environment for investment management firms continues to evolve, with technological innovations and shifting investor preferences at the heart of this change. While traditional sources of differentiation in investment management are becoming increasingly commoditised, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is providing new opportunities which extend beyond cost reduction and efficient operations.
Deloitte Global’s latest report, Artificial Intelligence—The next frontier for investment management firms, focuses on four pillars for transformation which can empower firms to develop new propositions, and deliver new kinds of value. These four pillars are:
- Generating alpha
- Enhancing operational efficiency
- Improving product and content distribution
- Managing risk
ETF market update
ETFs had an interesting 2018. There was significant volatility in the stock markets towards the end of 2018 which affected some of the big name players in the ETF market. Across the market many sector specific ETFs like the S&P 500 ended the year on low performance records which have not been seen since the dark days of 2011. On the other hand 2018 brought many exciting signs that there is still significant investors interest in ETF products. Globally there was over 1,172 new ETFs in existence in 2018 . As 2019 begins, ETF investors and the broader financial world have seen investors questioning their confidence in potentially volatile stock markets and indices, seeking other strategies outside of the traditional stock market ETFs. In this update we explore the trends in the ETF market and where we expect investors will find value in the ETF market in 2019.
Performance Magazine Issue 28 - January 2019
Articles in this edition include:
- What lies ahead for the Indian investment market?
- Foreign portfolio investment in India
- Doors opening for FPIs in India
- Implementation of General Anti-Avoidance Rule in Indian tax law
- The investment fund industry
- ESG: shaping the new normal for active managers
- The new benchmark rate for euro transactions
- A physically, mentally, and financially demanding endeavor
- FinSA and FinlA and their impact on independent asset management in Switzerland
Link'n Learn webinar series 2019
Led by Deloitte’s leading industry experts, Link’n Learn is a series of webinars conducted over the course of the year, specifically designed to keep you up-to-date with today’s critical trends and the latest regulations impacting your business. An hour of your time is all you need to log on and tune in to each informative webinar.
Catch up on the webinars you amy have missed:
- Investment Management Tax / Tax Outlook 2019 - 14 February
- Embracing complexity: the Asset Management Regulatory Landscape for 2019 - 31 January
2019 Investment Management Industry Outlook
Asset management trends indicate another year of challenges
Investment management is in a period of rapid change, driven by shifting investor preferences, margin compression, regulatory developments, and advancing technologies. Our 2019 Investment Management Outlook highlights three keys to managing these challenges as our market evolves: Choosing the right growth options, creating operational efficiencies, and delivering the next level of customer experience.