Irish insurance market update January 2014
Your summary of accounting, actuarial and regulatory developments
Greater certainty on the roadmap to the new IFRSs comes with a likely end of IFRS-US GAAP convergence in insurance.
Download our report and find out more about the following topics:
Central Bank of Ireland activity
- Italian withholding tax asset
- Insurance Statistics 2012
- Revised Corporate Governance Code for credit institutions and insurance undertakings; and
- Strengthened resilience test requirements for life undertakings.
- The Central Bank publishes its final guidelines for the preparation of Solvency II
- Provisional agreement on Omnibus II Directive
- Solvency II countdown
- EIOPA publishes report on consumer trends
- Deloitte releases its consumer survey report
Financial reporting developments
- Financial Reporting Council issues FRED 49
- IFRS IV Phase II Developments.
- Finance (No.2) Act 2013
- Stormy Christmas for Irish insurers
- Central Bank fines six insurance intermediaries on professional indemnity insurance breaches
- Deloitte insurance events