Performance Magazine - Issue 17
Investment Management - May 2015
Investment management and its related markets are being disrupted at an alarming rate. Digital technology and innovation are creating significant opportunities for the industry. The traditional distribution markets are being challenged, and we need to keep abreast of the changes.
Emerging markets - and the pros and cons of these - are also high up on the agenda of most investment managers in pursuit of growth and higher returns. The current low oil prices and the related impact on economic factors are affecting the institutional and retail markets in a variety of ways.
This edition of Performance magazine with its focus on Africa will be an interesting read. It highlights some of the opportunities this market offers, and attempts to provide a high-level insight into some of the current challenges.
Africa is a vast continent and will offer myriad opportunities as markets are opened up, regulations become more rigorous and growth rates outstrip those of more established markets. New entrants into this market will have to be vigilant as they seek to secure their share going forward.
We will see disruption, innovation and all the related changes, and it is important for us to assist our clients with a guiding hand through this process.
In this issue
- In focus
Interview — To outsource or not to outsource
- Hot topic
Private Equity Investing in Africa
- Customer centric journey within Asset Management
- Will impact investing save our souls?
- DAC vs EUSD
Conceding the battle to win the war (against tax evasion)?
- Trust in CRS?
The Common Reporting Standard reporting obligations in the context of trusts
- Legislation changes and clarifications impacting investment funds
A French update
- Combining active and passive managements in a portfolio
- How the CRA Regulation will impact the asset management industry
- Hong Kong
Towards a new paradigm?
- Fair Value Pricing Survey, Twelfth Edition
Positioning for the future
- 2015 Alternative Investment Outlook
Complex grounds, new frontiers
- Do you really know where your assets are, and if they are safe?
- Plans to reform the German Investment Tax Act
Overview and impact