Performance September issue 15 | Deloitte Ireland | Financial Services | Investment Management has been added to your bookmarks.
September 2014 - issue 15
Performance magazine is a triannual topical digest for asset management professionals.
Industry leaders share insight
In this edition we feature numerous articles written by industry thought leaders and address some of the interesting challenges facing asset managers. We take a look at how Martin Gilbert, the CEO of Aberdeen Asset Management, grew Aberdeen into what is now Europe’s largest listed fund manager. We later explore the changing investment management landscape in markets such as the UK and Mauritius and sub-sector groups such as securities lending and hedge funds.
The articles in this issue cover essential topics like:
- In focus - Interview, Alpha male
- Hot topic - Innovation: the street is also a real-world laboratory for the financial sector
- Global tax and investor reporting - The road ahead
- New challenges in interest rate derivatives valuation - Simple is not just simple anymore
- Investment opportunity - A market perspective on the changing securities lending landscape
- New tax regulations impacting investment funds
- Mauritius - An outsourcing jurisdiction in the Indian Ocean
- Target 2 Securities and T+2 Settlement - Challenges and opportunities for the European Fund Distribution
- MiFID II - Changing the distribution landscape
- Third-party management companies - A new governance model?
- CSSF Circular 14/587 on UCITS Depositaries - In a nutshell
- The transparency challenge in the distribution chain
- MiFID II - Should we have to fix what is not broken?
- Seismic shifts in investment management - A look at the UK market
- The people agenda - What is keeping asset managers awake at night?
- Hot off the press