Insurance Breakfast Briefings
Our 2019 Insurance Breakfast Briefings led by Deloitte’s insurance experts keeping you up to date with recent events, key milestones and hot topics in the Insurance Industry.
Insurance Breakfast briefing - Regulatory Outlook 2019
Date: 16th of October
The main focus of this briefing is "Navigating the impact of disruptive forces and new regulations".
Insurance companies must continue to build their risk and compliance initiatives, despite regulatory uncertainty. Get ahead of the curve with insights into key regulations that insurance companies should be monitoring and preparing for in 2019 and 2020.
- Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Act 2018
- Intermediary Inducements, Enhanced Consumer Protection Measures, Consultation Paper CP 116
- 5EU and 6EU Anti-Money Laundering Directives
- Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Bill 2019
- Proposed Central Bank (Amendment) Bill 2019, introducing a senior executive accountability framework in Ireland
- We will also take a look at the recently announced UK Economic Crime Plan (2019 to 2022) and whether the suggested public and private partnerships to reduce financial crime can be replicated in Ireland.
- Laura Wadding - Partner, Regulatory Risk
- Deirdre Carwood - Partner, Forensic
- Rose-Marie Kennedy - Director, Regulatory Risk
If you would like to attend this event please email Megan Jordan - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insurance Breakfast Briefing - The insurer of tomorrow
Date: 28th of August
The main focus of this briefing was the "The Insurer of Tomorrow"; we also discussed IFRS 17 insights.
We looked into how technology, innovation and changing consumer behaviours & preferences are re-imagining the market and how insurance is likely to be structured, consumed and provided in the future. IFRS 17 brings particular challenges to Reinsurers - we discussed what methodology choices we are seeing the market make in response to these. We also discussed IFRS 17 project landscape and discuss what we are seeing in the market in terms of status and organisation.
- Reimagining the insurance landscape to prepare for the future
- IFRS 17 challenges for Reinsurers
- IFRS 17 project insights
If you would like to discuss any of the topics further, please feel free to reach out to the speakers or any member of the insurance team.
IFRS 17 Breakfast Briefing
Date: 19th of June
The first of our IFRS 17 briefings for this period was held on Wednesday the 19th of June 2019. It has been 6 months since our last session, and a lot has happened in the intervening period. The deferral of the implementation date to 01 January 2022 has been confirmed, the TRG has completed its deliberations and resulting changes have been made to the standard. The amended exposure draft will be published in June 2019 with a 90 day comment period.
- Risk Adjustment and Discount Surveys
- Insights and Updates
If you would like to view the survey results from this event please download here.
Insurance Breakfast Briefing - Brexit
Date: 27 March
This event provided insights regarding the uncertainty arising from Brexit, with many insurers undertaking significant operational actions. As the nature and timing of Brexit is not known, there is a potential for significant changes in trading conditions, access to labour and contractual relationships. Although the ongoing uncertainty has discouraged some businesses from taking action, the increased chance of a ‘no deal’ means this position is untenable. Our advice is to plan for maximum change.
- Introduction - Eimear McCarthy
- Brexit Overview - David Carson
- Employment Services and Tax Considerations - Jonathan Warnes
- Data & GDPR - Nicola Flannery
- Regulation - Sean Smith
- Tax impacts - Conor Hynes
- Conclusion - Eimear McCarthy