Brexit, Ireland and the Future of Europe Conference has been saved
Brexit, Ireland and the Future of Europe Conference
On 23 April 2018, Deloitte supported the IIEA Brexit, Ireland and the Future of Europe Conference.
This conference, took place shortly after the 20th anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement, and against the backdrop of the ongoing negotiations over the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.
The half-day conference featured a conversation with three former Taoisigh on the topic of the Northern Ireland peace settlement, and the role it has played in the Brexit negotiations. Subsequently, a panel of high level European speakers discussed the future of the EU without the United Kingdom.
- John Burton, Taoiseach na hEireann, 1994 – 1997
- Bertie Ahern, Taoiseach na hEireann, 1997 – 2008
- Brian Cowen, Taoiseach na hEireann, 2008 - 2011
- Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP, Former UK Attorney General
- Jose Manuel Barroso, Former President of the European Commission
- Catherine Day, Adviser to Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission
Location: The Round Room at The Mansion House, 2 Dawson Street, Dublin 2