Prudential Regulation Review
Decembers’ biggest news on the banking side was the release of the Basel committee’s final rules for Basel 3, the culmination of a decade of effort to revise banking regulation in response to the Financial Crisis. The BCBS also published the results of a cumulative quantitative impact survey to provide stakeholders with a benchmark for analysis and an estimated impact of the Committee’s finalisation of the Basel III reforms.
- The European Central Bank adopted four supervisory priorities for 2018 and published an accompanying presentation with details of the 2017 SREP exercise and the approach for the 2018 stress test.
- There was also a continued focus on non-performing loans (NPL) with the EBA publishing templates targeted at enhancing the standardisation of data related to NPL transactions across the EU. Meanwhile, the Central Bank of Ireland published a research technical paper that considered the ongoing resolution of the NPL crisis.
Other topics covered
- Rethinking the domestic and international
- Disclosure valuation and accounting
- Information security and data privacy
- Central Bank of Ireland