Prudential Regulation Review
October saw the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision discuss the Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR) standard. It agreed to allow national discretion for the treatment of derivative liabilities and stipulated that national authorities could reduce the Required Stable Funding for gross derivative liabilities to 5%. This note is produced for information only on a best effort basis, and does not constitute advice of any kind.
- The EBA published its latest Risk Dashboard summarising the main risks and vulnerabilities in the Q2 2017 EU banking sector.
- The ECB published a report on financial structures that showed ongoing consolidation in the banking sector with the number of credit institutions declining further in 2016.
- The European Commission published a report providing an assessment of the setting up and functioning of the Single Supervisory Mechanism, in view of determining its effectiveness as the first pillar of the Banking Union.
- October also saw the EBA publish its work programme for activities in 2018 and a multiannual work programme highlighting key strategic areas of focus from 2018 to 2021.
Other topics covered
- Capital (including macro-economic issues and stress testing)
- Conduct of Business (including MiFID)
- Crisis management (including special resolution, systemically important firms, and business continuity)
- Rethinking the domestic and international architecture for regulation
- Disclosure, valuation and accounting
- Information security and data privacy
- Central Bank of Ireland
- Deloitte Ireland Risk and Regulatory Consulting Publications