Information is pervasive in our daily lives, with the adequate protection and management of data presenting a growing challenge for organisations. Conforming to the associated requirements ensures there are no unforeseen interruptions to your operations. Customer and employee concerns over personal information and sensitive data can lead to reputational risk. Breaches in data protection legislation can inhibit organisational change and adversely affect technology integration.
Deloitte’s Information Privacy and Protection service(s) helps organisations to identify and manage risks and opportunities associated with information management and data protection. We can help our engagements respond strategically and tactically to data asset management issues associated with globalisation, diverse and conflicting legal and regulatory requirements, rapidly changing technology, and extended enterprises.
Deloitte’s experience can help our member firm clients understand the key factors for reducing exposure to critical risks and potential damage to brand, including help in the following areas:
- Privacy and data protection strategy
- Building an organisation-wide inventory and classification map of personal data
- Policies and procedures
- Training and awareness
- Cross-border data transfers
- Data retention
- Compliance with law enforcement requests
- Building privacy controls into IT projects
- Managing varied international compliance requirements
- Audit and monitoring programs for on-going data protection compliance
Being secure, vigilant, and resilient in the connected age