Gi3 Alert has been saved
European Innovation Fund officially publishes call for small greenhouse gas emission (GHG) avoidance projects
The European Innovation Fund Small Scale call for funding proposals, targeting GHG emission avoidance projects with total capital costs below €7.5 million, was published on 1 December 2020. The planned deadline of 10 March 2021 leaves interested parties with ample time to build their project(s).
Key takeaways of this call for proposals:
- Available total budget is €100 million
- Up to 60% CAPEX funding
- Minimum project size: €2.5 million
- One-stage application process
- Three-year default monitoring and reporting period after the project goes into operation
The Innovation Fund’s focus areas:
- Innovation in low-carbon technologies and processes in sectors listed in Annex I of the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) directive
- Environmentally safe carbon capture (utilisation) and storage (‘CC(U)S’)
- Products substituting carbon intensive ones produced in sectors listed in Annex I EU ETS directive
- Innovative renewable energy and energy storage technologies.
Any company considering an innovative sustainability project that may fall within the scope of this call should investigate the possibility of utilising this funding. With a combination of scientific experts and teams specialising in sustainability as well as grants and incentives, Deloitte Gi3 is expertly positioned to assist you with building your application.
Be sure to visit us at our website: Global investment and innovation incentives (Gi3) | Deloitte Ireland