International Core Centre of Excellence has been saved
International Core Centre of Excellence
IMPACT - HIGH
Our international core of excellence (ICE) desk in New York demonstrate the global reach of Deloitte Ireland LLP.
The ICE team members are highly experienced international tax practitioners from the largest countries and key financial centres around the world. The team brings together experience and knowledge from the Deloitte network of affiliated offices worldwide, providing easy access to international tax specialists from outside the US who understand the issues relevant to US businesses. The ICE team based in New York is currently comprised individuals from 15 countries across the globe.
The Irish ICE Desk
The Irish ICE Desk in New York is led by Anthony O’Halloran, a Senior Taxation Manager. On assignment from Deloitte Ireland LLP, Anthony has extensive experience in advising US, Irish and other multinational companies across a number of sectors on a broad range of tax and related matters.
Anthony will provide assistance on tax issues and working closely with various Deloitte offices across the US as well as other foreign desks based in those countries. Operating in the same time zone and in close geographical proximity, our Irish desk in New York can easily participate in ad hoc meetings or brainstorming sessions with US based clients. Anthony is available to personally explain local ramifications of the tax alternatives considered. Anthony has a working knowledge of the interaction between the US and Irish tax system. Given Anthony’s in depth practical experience involving significant cross border structures into and out of Ireland he will be able to bring an integrated perspective to any situation and answer the specific needs of US based companies. Anthony has significant experience working with multinationals including those in the technology, pharmaceutical, life science, and financial services sectors.
The Irish Desk can help in an array of areas, including:
- Use of intellectual property in a global enterprise.
- Assessing the impact of EU Anti-Taxation Avoidance Directive on current group structures.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Irish Transfer Pricing rules.
- Tax treaty interpretations and the impact of the Multi-Lateral Instrument (“MLI”) on bilateral treaties.
- Optimization of supply chain-oriented business restructurings.
- Global business restructurings.
- Business expansion planning, including choice of entity and capitalization issues.
- Financing strategies including:
- Establishment of treasury operations.
- Optimization of cash repatriation
- EU Mandatory Disclosure (“DAC 6”) rules.