Urgent Funding Call has been saved
Urgent Funding Call
SEAI National Energy Research Development and Demonstration (RD&D) Funding Programme
The deadline to submit an application to the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) for its National Energy Research Development and Demonstration (RD&D) Funding Programme for 2021 is 3PM Monday 29 March.
The overarching objectives of the RD&D programme are to:
- Accelerate the development and deployment in the Irish marketplace of competitive energy-related products, processes and systems
- Support solutions that enable technical and other barriers to market uptake to be overcome
- Grow Ireland's national capacity to access, develop and apply international class RD&D
- Provide guidance and support to policy makers and public bodies through results, outcomes and learning from supported energy projects
It supports innovative and targeted actions in Research, Development & Demonstration that further the delivery of the following government programmes:
- Climate Action Plan 2019
- Programme for Government
- 2030 Climate and Energy Framework
- The 2015 Energy White Paper
- Ireland's National Energy and Climate Plan
- The Strategic Energy Technology Plan
Applications will be accepted from Private Enterprises; Universities, Institutes of Technology and State Funded Research Organisations; Public Sector Bodies and Semi-State Bodies, either individually or as part of a consortium. Applicants can submit proposals to either an Open Strand or a Topic Strand.
Open Strand –Under the Open Strand, applicants can propose projects within SEAI’s legal remit which directly address the aims and objectives of the programme.
Topic Strand – Under the Topic Strand, applicants can submit proposals that address the requirements of the topics outlined within the Call document.
The level of funding available will depend on the type and scale of the project, with typical values as follows:
||Typical Duration||Typical Maximum SEAI Funding|
||Up to 12 months||Up to €200,000|
|Medium Scale||12-36 months||Up to €650,000|
|Large Scale||36-48 months||Up to €1,000,000|
|Fellowships||12-36 months||Up to €300,000|
The previous SEAI National Energy RD&D Funding Programme in 2011 awarded over €11 million in funding to 50 research projects.
Other sustainability funding options
If the SEAI call does not fully meet your planned project needs, our expert team in Gi3 can assist you in identifying other European and Irish funding opportunities. If you have any questions concerning the items in this alert, please contact a member of our Gi3 Ireland team below.