National And EU Grants has been saved
National And EU Grants
The Deloitte Gi3 team can assist your company to access a wide range of local, national and international funding initiatives.
Ireland has a number of state agencies that are responsible for supporting innovation, business expansion and training through grant aid funding. Deloitte’s knowledge and experience in this highly specialised area can help clients to identify and access funding from these agencies. We can help you to address an array of grant aid matters at every stage of grant aid funding: identification, ideation, application, validation and drawdown. The team is highly experienced in the practicalities of preparing, negotiating and reviewing funding applications and drawdowns. The team can help explore opportunities for local government grants for indigenous Irish companies through Enterprise Ireland, Údarás na Gaeltachta and Local Enterprise Offices and for foreign direct investment through IDA Ireland. In addition, Deloitte’s European Gi3 team operates a dedicated EU funding Centre of Excellence (COE) based in Brussels to support clients in a number of EU funding programmes: Horizon 2020, Life Programme and Eurostars. The Gi3 team in Ireland operates within this COE to ensure that Irish client companies can maximise their grant opportunities by availing of the funding provided by Irish state agencies and the EU.
Grant incentives for indigenous Irish companies
Enterprise Ireland offers incentives to enable Irish enterprises to develop and grow in world markets. It offers a range of funding opportunities to three classes of enterprise:
- High-potential start-ups (HPSUs): start-up businesses with the potential to develop an innovative product or service for sale on international markets and the potential to create 10 jobs and €1m in sales within 3 to 4 years of starting up.
- Established SME: a company that is not a HPSU client, has an established trading record, employs between 10 and 250 employees and has either an annual turnover of less than €50m or an annual balance sheet of less than €43m. A range of supports are available to established SMES for activities such as:
- Large company: a company that employs greater than 250 employees and has either an annual turnover greater than €50m or an annual balance sheet greater than €43m. As for SMEs, funding is available to large companies to support:
Local Enterprise Offices offer a range of grants to small companies that employ up to 10 people:
Údarás na Gaeltachta offers a variety of grants to businesses located in Gaeltacht areas.
Grant incentives for overseas companies establishing and operating in Ireland
IDA Ireland is the agency responsible for attracting and developing foreign direct investment (FDI) in Ireland. It has partnered with over 1,200 clients to help them to establish and expand their Irish operations. It offers a range of grants and incentives specifically targeted at R&D-performing companies:
- IDA RD&I Grant
- IDA Training Grant
- IDA employment grants
- IDA Capital grants
Science Foundation Ireland provides a wide range of grants for researchers from around the world who wish to relocate to Ireland and those already based in Ireland, for outstanding investigators, for conferences and symposia, and for collaboration with industry.
EU funding programmes
The EU operates several funding opportunities to support cross-border collaboration in research and innovation:
- Horizon 2020 is the largest ever EU Research and Innovation programme, with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) to position research the heart of the EU’s blueprint for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth and jobs.
- The Life Programme supports environmental, nature conservation and climate action projects.
- Eurostars supports SMEs that are undertaking innovative R&D projects.
Deloitte’s Irish Gi3 team, in collaboration with the dedicated EU funding COE in Brussels, can assist Irish client companies to obtain EU funding. Among our services, we can:
- Advise on the most appropriate and applicable funding programmes for your company
- Assist in all stages of the funding application and drawdown process
- Help to connect Irish client companies with companies in other countries so that they can avail of funding opportunities that require cross-border collaboration involving a number of partners
How we can help
With a myriad of grants available from start-up businesses to established multinationals, Deloitte can assist in identifying the most appropriate grants to help your company grow within Ireland and to expand overseas. We have the expertise and experience to guide you through every stage of the funding application process and to help to maintain an open dialogue between your company and the awarding body. We offer Independent accountants’ reports that may be required for each grant drawdown. In addition, we can combine the funding application and R&D Tax Credit application processes, to minimise your team’s time and overheads and to maximise the value to your company.