Deloitte named a global leader in Defined Contribution Consulting by ALM Intelligence
New York, NY, 18 March 2016 – Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (Deloitte Global) is pleased to announce that ALM Intelligence has named Deloitte member firms (Deloitte) as global leaders in Defined Contribution (DC) Consulting in their report entitled Retirement Consulting: Defined Contribution 2015.
Specifically for Deloitte, ALM Intelligence notes “Approaching the defined contribution market from a global perspective, Deloitte offers a wide breadth of services to DC consulting clients, whether they are revamping an existing DC plan, building a new DC plan out of legacy defined benefit retirement services, or finding a hybrid plan that fits the employer client they are serving.”
According to Jason Flynn, Deloitte Global Rewards Leader, “In addition to offering an extensive breadth of services, the Deloitte network’s ability to bring a combined employer and provider perspective to all engagements allows us to help clients develop and implement unique defined contribution strategies for their employees and customers.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for Defined Contribution consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending forecasts, and the provider landscape. ALM Intelligence reviews defined benefit consulting through the lens of six key capabilities that are critical to DC clients: plan design, compliance, pension risk, transformation, communications strategy, and IT innovation.
“We provide clients with a strategic and independent view of the defined contribution market,” notes Stacy Sandler of Deloitte LLP in the US. “We deliver implementable solutions that help clients develop differentiating strategies, while achieving business impact.”
- “Deloitte’s capability offerings for defined contribution clients cover the full spectrum of identified critical capabilities.”
- “Deloitte not only works with employers seeking consultancy in their DC capabilities and offerings, but also provides substantial consulting to providers, assisting those clients in understanding employers’ needs in the DC market. These needs include analysis of what technologies, methodologies, and options are most important to employers today, the complexity of which when factoring in the diversity of geographies and industries cannot be understated.”
- “Deloitte leverages its experience from the provider and the sponsor sides of the DC business to offer best practices derived from first hand experiences within each of these spaces providing particularly strong consulting in the areas of plan design and vendor management for employers. This approach to the DC business offers Deloitte unique insights for clients in capabilities such as vendor management, compliance, and plan design.”
- “The firm’s consulting experience with both sponsors and providers of DC services provides unique reciprocal insights for both types of clients. This is particularly true for plan design and vendor management capabilities, as the firm crafts solutions that are synergistic between providers and sponsors.”
- “As a multi-service firm, Deloitte also leverages its extensive capabilities in the realms of IT and investment consulting and tailors them to DC consulting clients to provide innovative approaches to maximize DC plans while keeping costs for sponsors to a minimum.”