Financial Advisory Forensic leadership profiles has been saved
Financial Advisory Forensic leadership profiles
Our Deloitte Forensic specialists in the Middle East work with clients facing complex problems such as business disputes, fraud or regulatory actions. They provide proven methodologies, world-class forensic and analytic technology and investigative specialists that can give our clients insight and solutions.
Partner - Forensic Middle East Leader
Mobile: +966 (0)53 835 5449
Neil leads the Forensic practice in the Middle East, the largest Investigation and Disputes practice in the region and was previously a Forensic Partner in Deloitte LLP UK. He is a UK Chartered Accountant and has over 30 years of experience in Disputes and Corporate Investigations and has acted for both Claimants and Respondents in a variety of quantum matters in arbitration and litigation across many industries. Neil has given expert evidence and been cross examined by Queen’s Counsel on several occasions, most recently over six days before the Lord Chief Justice of the Cayman Islands in a multi-billion dollar asset tracing matter.
- Led a team of six Forensic Accountants in tracing over USD 1 billion of funds from Saudi Arabia to investments in Cayman through complex and circuitous routes and with incomplete accounting records.
- Investigation of an accounting ‘black hole’ resulting from the improper use of a treasury account.
- Investigating the actions of a General Manager in Saudi Arabia following whistleblower allegations of fraud and misconduct.
- For the respondent in a DIAC Arbitration, quantifying the loss of profit resulting from the early termination of a security contract.
- For the claimant in a multi-billion dollar fraud case, tracing the flow of funds from Saudi Arabia to the Cayman Islands.
- Investigation of regulatory breaches at a major bank in Dubai on behalf of the regulator, the Dubai Financial Services Authority.
- A detailed review of compliance with anti bribery and corruption policies and procedures for a client in Saudi Arabia following an incident involving the payment of a bribe by an employee.
- Investigated the failure by management of a Financial Institution to follow procedures in relation to the approval of new lending products that resulted in multi-million dollar losses.
- Neil has conducted over 100 forensic contract reviews in a variety of industries including petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and luxury goods.
Partner - Investigations and Disputes
Mobile: +971 (0)56 661 3444
Rana is a Partner in Deloitte's Forensic practice leading large and complex investigations throughout the Middle East, both for public and private sector bodies as well as Dispute Services in both English and Arabic platforms. She is able to advise clients throughout the litigation process, from pre-action through to preparation of expert evidence. Rana has over 16 years of experience with Deloitte, across Audit, Valuation and Forensic services. She has managed a number of high-profile fraud and litigation matters in the Middle East and the UK, working with clients such as local governments, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Family Offices and Private Sector clients across the MENA region. In addition, she has provided expert evidence numerous times in a wide variety of forums.
- Currently leading a major investigation on behalf of a tax authority in Western Europe with respect to the submission of allegedly fraudulent withholding tax claims in excess of USD 2 billion.
- Investigations on behalf of a local government to assess multiple fraud and corruption allegations against managers in government owned entities.
- Investigations into allegations against the former CEO of a large public company over the misuse of his position, with recoveries in excess of USD100 million.
- Led an investigation engagement on behalf of Middle East contractor to assess a large-scale misappropriation allegation against the former General Manager. The value of the losses claimed were in excess of USD 200 million.
- Led a DIAC arbitration matter between a UAE based manufacturer and contractor regarding the loss of profits and increase in costs on a delayed construction development.
- Led a dispute, acting for the respondent in an ICC UK arbitration to assess quantum in relation to a terminated Middle East power station Project.
- Led a Jordanian arbitration matter, acting for the respondent, in a dispute between a general contractor and a Jordan based hotel developer. Work included assessing the incremental costs incurred by the developer as a result of the delay and non-performance by the contractor.
- Led an engagement where we were appointed as the Expert in a large Dubai Court shareholders' dispute for a multi-national family-owned business group. Our work included Forensic Review and Valuation.
Partner - Corporate Intelligence and Investigations
Mobile: +971 (0)50 6507801
Ralph is a Partner in Deloitte Middle East’s Forensic practice, leading the firm's Financial Crime Investigations and Corporate Intelligence Services offering. He has over 15 years of experience of working on and leading investigation, remediation, asset search, litigation support and due diligence assignments, as well as providing advisory to clients. Ralph has cross-sector industry experience but is mainly focused on Sovereign Wealth Funds and Financial Services.
- Investigations into significant losses and misconduct at a MENA Sovereign Wealth Fund, with recoveries of over USD 1 billion.
- Financial Services regulatory investigations into unauthorised activities, sanctions, financial crime compliance deficiencies and defrauding of fund investors, including reporting to regional overseas regulators.
- Forensic investigation at C-level into fraud, corruption, asset misappropriation and breach of duty, including working with legal counsel to prepare civil and criminal cases.
- Client file remediation in PVB, regulatory response and AML/CFT advisory.
- Pre-transaction integrity due diligence for PE firms, DFIs and corporate clients across the Middle East and North Africa. Also, third party and customer enhanced due diligence for public and private sector clients.
- Litigation support assignments, including preparation of factual witness reports and statements, working closely with leading international and local law firms on defense or plaintiff’s side.
- Asset search and recovery assignments, assisting clients, including banks, corporate clients and state-owned entities with cross-border asset recovery.
Partner – Head of Financial Crime and Data Analytics Middle East
Mobile: +971 (0) 52 883 5537
Muzzi is a Partner in Deloitte Middle East's Forensic team, leading the Financial Crime and Data Analytics practices. He is a seasoned practitioner with an emphasis in market leading services to support clients in an effort to combat Anti-Money Laundering, Countering the Financing of Terrorism, Sanctions, Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption risks. Muzzi also provides end-to-end Analytics Solutions such as Data Management and Artificial Intelligence to solve problems in the areas of Forensic, Financial Crime and broader Financial Advisory.
- Led Financial Crime compliance and advisory engagements including, Maturity Assessment, Risk Assessment, Policy and Procedure Drafting, Risk Programme Framework design and development, Remediation and Look-back Review.
- Led Financial Crime Analytics and Technology engagements including, Risk Assessment Modelling, Transaction Monitoring Optimisation, Technology Implementation, Sanctions Systems Testing, Data Quality Assessments, Data-lead Lookbacks, Automated Remediation and Data Quality Reviews.
- Led Data Analytics lead engagements to support Forensic and Fraud investigations and reviews, and the design and development of ongoing fraud monitoring solutions.
- Led Fraud Risk Assessment and Monitoring engagements including design and development of fraud risk frameworks, registers and typology registers.
- Led and advised on advance analytics (Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning) digital assets, accelerators and solutions to enhance forensic, fraud, financial crime and regulatory risk /compliance processes.
- Facilitated and delivered Financial Crime and Data Analytics training and awareness programmes (including board and executive awareness).
Partner - Investigations and Disputes
Mobile: +971 (0)50 658 2694
Collin is a Partner in Deloitte Middle East’s Forensic practice and has over 21 years of experience in Deloitte, including 11 years in the U.S. and 10 years in the Middle East. He leads the Business Conduct Investigations for Deloitte Forensic in the region, focusing on topics such as Bribery and Corruption, Trade Sanctions and other key business conduct risks. Collin also leads proactive services related to Fraud Risk Management, Due Diligence and Business Conduct/Ethics.
- Leading Deloitte’s Forensic efforts related to a USD 10 billion fraud and associated dispute between two major Saudi enterprises, involving dozens of local and international banks. He led team efforts around all aspects of litigation support, including attending trial in the Cayman Islands and coordinating multiple disclosures in a year-long trial.
- Leading an investigation into allegations of inside dealing and fraud between a KSA distributor of a multinational consumer electronics company.
- Leading a series of interrelated investigations into alleged bribery and corruption violations by a large multinational across seven countries in the Middle East.
- Led a major, multi-year investigation into allegations of fraud, corruption and bribery at the Saudi Arabian distributor of a major European medical devices and medical services company.
- Led a team assisting the Saudi branch of a large international petroleum services provider to address matters related to AB&C. Collin reviewed the client’s AB&C policies and procedures, assessed controls, advised on a training program, and assisted with an internal investigation.
- Currently leads several ongoing Fraud Risk Assessment exercises. He has conducted FRA exercises in a range of industries, including oil & gas, banking, sporting events, facilities, capital markets, among others.
- Led numerous ‘fraud audits’ for KSA-based companies serving Saudi Aramco, including reviewing fraud-related controls, transaction testing and training around fraud awareness.
Partner – Data Analytics
Mobile: +971 (0)50 650 9422
Sridip is a Partner in Deloitte Middle East’s Forensic practice with a focus on Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and Geographical Information Systems within the Middle East market. He has over 15 years of expertise in the areas of Analytics, Business Intelligence, AI/ML, Digital Identity, Mobility and Cloud Technologies as well as providing advisory to clients. Sridip has cross-sector industry experience but is mainly focused on large enterprises and public sector.
- Helped a leading utility company standardise its data and business intelligence strategy and roadmap, and then helped deliver the roadmap successfully.
- Worked with a MENA Sovereign Wealth Fund to build a data led application to help manage and visualise their global portfolio and investments across sectors.
- Worked with a leading TELCO in the Middle East to help deliver their business and location intelligence and analytics needs across multiple divisions and groups.
- Worked with a leading Qatar healthcare provider to help standardise the analytics and BI platform and help drive data driven decision making across the board.
- Worked with a smart city to help set up open data standards to help citizens and multiple ministries plan for a better citizen experience.
- Worked with a leading airline in the Middle East to help standardise the semantic graph and analytics platform to help the various businesses with data driven decision making.
Director - Investigations and Disputes
Mobile: +971 (0)50 676 1954
Fouad is a Director in Deloitte Middle East’s Forensic practice and has over 12 years of experience in Forensic, Audit and Advisory services. Over the past years he led numerous high-profile fraud and anti-bribery and corruption investigations across various industries. Fouad has reported to a wide range of clients including board of directors, CEOs, legal counsel and high-ranking government officials. He is a qualified Certified Public Accountant.
- Led a multi-jurisdictional investigation into allegations of embezzlement, conflict of interest and mismanagement by the fund manager of two international funds with combined assets under management of over USD 500 million.
- Led an investigation into allegations of embezzlement of over USD 3 billion by the former management of a large conglomerate in the GCC region. The work included investigating the flow of funds and offshore special purpose vehicles and conduit companies that facilitated the alleged embezzlement.
- Led an investigation into allegations of misappropriation of funds ,mismanagement and misrepresentation to the board of directors by the former CEO in relation to the construction of a plant of over USD 1 billion at a large energy company in the GCC.
- Assisted numerous clients with ABAC investigations and third-party forensic reviews in UAE, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon and Pakistan.
Director - Investigations and Disputes
Mobile: +966 53 335 0270
Paul is a Director in Deloitte Middle East’s Forensic practice and is based in Saudi Arabia. He has over 19 years of experience in conducting detailed Forensic Accounting Investigations, providing expert and witness statements to support clients’ claims, leading to the identification and securing of assets located throughout the world. Paul is involved in a number of projects focused on designing and implementing fraud analytics and reviewing platforms to help clients better foresee and protect themselves from fraudulent schemes and activities.
- Acting for the Liquidators of this Middle Eastern asset manager, with over USD 10 billion AUM, and investigating its collapse, resulting in significant loss to both creditors and investors.
- The investigation has included a detailed forensic analysis and verification of a large number of transactions; the analysis of fund flows through the corporate and fund structure to consider the proper (or otherwise) use of monies; the tracing of transactions, investments and assets throughout the world and working with the liquidators in developing a recovery strategy.
- Advisor to a failed bank in the Middle East providing detailed forensic work on various matters including share portfolios, a re-construction of the USD 2 billion loan book and working with the bank’s lawyers to pursue an asset recovery strategy primarily based on litigation due to financial irregularities. The role included acting as an expert in the Bahrain Chamber for Dispute Resolution in a claim valued at over USD 1.5 billion.
- Working for the Federal Republic of Nigeria investigating and tracing the alleged USD 2 billion stolen from the government by its former president, President Abacha.
Director – Forensic Technology
Mobile: +971 (0)50 455 8748
Boray leads the Electronic Discovery team within the Forensic Technology practice in the Middle East. He has extensive experience in the eDiscovery field in the Middle East and the UK and has led a number of high-profile cases in multiple jurisdictions with corporates and law firms, advising clients in optimising their approach to eDiscovery. Boray’s experience covers all areas of Forensic Technology including Digital Forensics And Data Analytics. He has a MSc in Advanced Software Engineering from King’s College London and BSc in Computer Technology & Information Systems from Bilkent University, Turkey. Boray also holds the Relativity Master designation, which is held by a very small number of people across the world.
- Managed the eDiscovery component of a multi-billion dollar tax fraud case that involved over 43 terabytes of data, one of the first disclosures based on Continuous Active Learning Technology in the English Commercial Courts, advising law firms in the UAE, UK and US.
- Led a regulatory investigation for a global technology company involving data collections, processing and review in multiple jurisdictions including the Middle East, the US, Germany, Russia and Pakistan and disclosures to the DoJ and OFAC.
- Led the eDiscovery aspect of two concurrent multi billion-dollar investment dispute matters for a North African Sovereign Wealth Fund, which were listed as two of the largest cases in the English High Courts.
- For the investment arm of one of the Emirates in the UAE, managed their investigations and litigation portfolio involving multiple jurisdictions, working with a number of law firms in the UAE and the UK.
- As part of the acquisition of a European airline, worked on the electronic data carve-out exercise that involved various live IT systems to be analysed and data to be segregated due to IP restrictions.