Graduate recruitment in banking | Deloitte | financial services, banking has been added to your bookmarks.
Graduate recruitment in banking
Facing the credibility crunch
The Deloitte Talent in Banking Survey 2014, produced in collaboration with Universum, explores intentions, aspirations, and associations in relation to insurance careers, based on a global survey of 174,000 business students from 2,000 universities.
Contrary to popular belief, money doesn't matter to students considering a career in banking as much as training and development. In addition to money carrying less importance than one may think, banking inclined students increasingly expect their first job to last five years or more. They also say they want stability in their careers.
The results dispel some preconceptions about what students want out of a career in banking
- Fast moving Consumer Goods sector knocks banking off its top spot
- Tech companies rise in popularity
- Bank-inclined students want a balanced and steady career
- Preparing for the future matters most in a first job
- Focusing more on diversity would widen the net