Survey - Preparing for Value Added Tax in the GCC
VAT readiness of businesses in the Gulf
The GCC VAT Treaty has now been signed by all six countries and we are seeing the GCC states taking positive steps towards the implementation (for example, the formation of the UAE Federal Tax Authority in October 2016).
We understand the implementation process is on track to introduce VAT in early 2018, with States aiming for a ‘go live’ date of 1 January 2018.
Whilst awaiting the publication of the Treaty, we conducted our Indirect Tax Client Survey in order to gauge the level of knowledge of VAT within the GCC marketplace and to understand the preparations already underway to get ready for the introduction of VAT.
The document disseminates:
- The cross-sector response regarding the VAT introduction in the GCC
- The Global respondents regarding the VAT introduction in the GCC
- Business impacts of VAT introduction in the GCC
- Attitudes towards the introduction of VAT in the GCC
- Quotes regarding the VAT introduction in the GCC
- Key industry findings around the VAT introduction in the GCC
- The next steps for businesses in the Gulf