ZATCA updates the AEOI Portal for Country by Country Reporting (CbCR) has been saved
ZATCA updates the AEOI Portal for Country by Country Reporting (CbCR)
1 November 2022 - On 27 October 2022, Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority (ZATCA) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) conducted a workshop for all taxpayers to explain how to use the new Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) portal for Country by Country (CbC) compliance. In this alert, we provide some of the key updates that were presented during the workshop around the new portal.
- Registered entities have been migrated to the new portal. However, the password cannot be migrated and taxpayers are required to select the forgot password option to create a new password to use the new portal.
- A system administration section has been created to allow taxpayers to communicate with ZATCA directly and request portal changes if required i.e., request a new primary user.
- The portal can be used to track submitted requests in case of changes or updates.
- Taxpayers can manage multiple users and create accounts for secondary users. No limit has been set on the number of users.
- The Article 3 notification section allows taxpayers to enter all the required details to directly submit the notification. The notification cannot be saved as draft.
- The portal has now been updated to facilitate the selection of jurisdictions other than Saudi Arabia. It now also allows taxpayers to select the jurisdiction of the notifying entity.
- In the draft filing section, taxpayers will be able to upload, review and edit the CbC XML file before moving to the submission section.
- The Country-by-Country Reporting XML Schema user guide for tax administrations can be found on the website of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Taxpayers can submit requests through the submission section. A separate section is assigned for previewing the history of submissions.
- The size limit of uploading files on the portal is 20MB.
ZATCA will soon issue a new guidance manual, a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document and a link to the recording of the workshop on their website.