Roundtable on the impacts of VAT on Financial Services in the GCC
The likely impacts and appropriate responses
The Financial Services (FS) are generally associated with a range of VAT-related challenges under both traditional and more modern VAT systems. So how will the impending VAT implementation affect these industries in the GCC?
Deloitte’s Tax practice in the Middle East is organizing a discursive and interactive forum to discuss, as a peer group, how VAT interacts with the FS industry and what industry issues businesses will likely face in preparation for entry into the VAT system. The discussion will be facilitated by Deloitte VAT experts with significant FS advisory experience. With that in mind, we would be delighted if interested representatives from the banking sector would join this event in Dubai on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 and Qatar on Thursday, May 4, 2017 to discuss the matter.
The agenda will include:
- Latest and relevant information published by the Ministries of Finance relating to FS (if any);
- Traditional VAT treatment of FS and the associated challenges for institutions, borrowers and savers;
- The trajectory of the VAT treatment of FS industry globally;
- Partial exemption; what it means in practice?
- VAT exemption and pricing; key decisions facing FS;
- VAT and FS, the Malaysian experience.
9:30 am till 11:30 am.
There is no fee for attending.
To register as an attendee, please click on the relevant link below, for Dubai, or Doha, depending on your preferred location.