World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2014 | Deloitte | Global reports, insights, services, and solutions has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte at Davos
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting - January 2014
The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting (held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, and typically referred to as Davos) presents a yearly opportunity to gauge the world’s perspective on pressing economic and social issues. Global leaders participate in a variety of panel discussions and private events, addressing topics at the forefront of the world agenda.
The theme for Davos 2014
In 2014, Deloitte’s delegation will convene in Davos from 22-25 January along with business and government leaders from around the globe to address the theme The Reshaping of the World: Consequences for Politics, Business and Society.
The four key supporting pillars are:
- Embracing Disruptive Innovation - how to turn strategic and technological disruptions into long-term opportunities?
- Meeting Society’s New Expectations – how to reorient businesses to the longer term, make governments more accountable, and strengthen civic participation?
- Achieving Inclusive Growth – how to foster resilience, dynamism and inclusiveness in the global economy?
- Sustaining a World of 9 Billion – how to shape a more sustainable path to human development?
Fostering Entrepreneurial Innovation
On Thursday, 24 January, Global CEO Barry Salzberg participated in “Fostering Entrepreneurial Innovation”, a panel discussion on how corporations are fostering entrepreneurial innovation in a low-growth environment.
Dimensions addressed included:
- Thinking beyond industry boundaries
- Crowdsourcing from the marketplace
- Building capacity for disruption
Moderated by: Daniel Isenberg, Professor of Entrepreneurship Practice, Babson Global, Babson College, USA
Additional panel participants:
- Marc R. Benioff, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Salesforce.com, United States
- Fabrice Brégier, President and Chief Executive Officer, Airbus, France
- Clayton Christensen, Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, United States
- André Kudelski, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Kudelski Group, Switzerland
Deloitte sponsored Industry Project sessions
- Risk & Responsibility in a Hyperconnected World, led by Jolyon Barker, DTTL Global Leader, Technology, Media & Telecommunications; Friday 25 January
- Mainstreaming Impact Investing, led by Chris Harvey, DTTL Global Leader, Financial Services; Thursday 24 January
- Manufacturing for Growth, led by Craig Giffi, Manufacturing Leader, Deloitte US; Thursday 24 January
(2013 CONTENT) Deloitte Industry teams from Financial Services, Consumer Business, and Life Sciences and Health Care were official advisors to the Forum’s Industry Partnerships program, sharing intellectual capital and contributing research to various project initiatives. Deloitte global industry leaders attending Davos participated in high-level discussions and offered thought leaderships pieces on current global issues.