Getting to par
Spotting the sandtraps in Latin America oil and gas
This report identifies six specific areas, or sandtraps, where oil and gas companies, as well as individual countries within Latin America, will need to focus in order to maintain momentum and leverage their expanding market presence.
Accounting for 20% of the world’s known oil reserves, Latin America is emerging as one of the world’s rapidly growing energy markets and is poised to become a significant player on the world energy stage. However, as this Deloitte report finds, Latin America faces environmental, economic, and social challenges in leveraging its vast hydrocarbon resources and suggests on going business reform and growth are necessary for continued growth in Latin America.
The sandtraps identified in the report are:
- fueling the foreign investment dragon;
- untangling Latin American energy policies;
- minding the produtivity gap;
- easing energy's bottleneck;
- relieving the talent crunch; and
- Managing the realities of NOCs.