Issue 12 - September 2013
Performance is a global publication covering hot topics of interest to Investment Management professionals.
In prosperous times, the asset management industry tends to pay less attention to its operating model. The vast majority of resources are targeted as growth and a little inefficiency is often tolerated. During financial downturns, the focus at many firms tend to shift to maximizing immediate cost-savings with less focus on the long-term impact curs might have on quality or risk management.
In this issue:
- Now is the time for asset managers to redesign their global operating model
- Performance attribution - Investment performance under the microscope
- Setting the stage for future growth - Hedge fund spin-off considerations
- Navigating the Swiss regulatory landscape for effective distribution
- Rebalancing the economics of the European mutual fund
- The positive contributions of small international financial centres - Informing the global debate
- The future of asset management - Davids and Goliaths?
- Power law investing
- Australian hedge funds - Why they are worth taking a look
- Investing in a dynamic environment - Is risk profiling the answer?
- Linking the dots of the new regulatory framework for a better understanding of the new securities infrastructure landscape