Rising Star Program | Deloitte Iceland | fast50.is | Technology has been added to your bookmarks.
Attention fast-growing companies
Deloitte Technology Rising Stars: call for applications 2017 !
Registration is from May 31st - October 19th.
Don´t miss the opportunity to spotlight your company and create connections. To register - see below
Rising Star Program
The Rising Star program is a part of Deloitte‘s Fast 50 program, held in cooperation with the Federation of Iceland Industries, the Association of Women Business Leaders in Iceland and Innovation Center Iceland.
Since its kick-off in 2015 approx. 40 start-up tech companies have participated in the Rising Star program, 12 have moved on to present them-selves at the Fast 50 – Rising Star event and 4 winners have had the opportunity to travel abroad to connect with investors, potential partners and fellow entrepreneurs. Last year the winners (Crankwheel and Florealis) were invited to attend Slush in Helsinki and in 2015 the winners (Authenteq and Kula 3D) were invited to Deloitte Entrepreneur Summit in Dallas.
Companies that have been active in the technology sector for less than four years and had a turnover last year of at least EUR 10.000 (grants included) can participate in the Rising Star program. Participation is free of charge. All applications must be followed by a pitch deck. An external jury of experts analyses each application and chooses 4-6 finalists according to scalability, experience, management team expertise and highly promising growth.
Known as post-incubators, Rising Stars have the potential to develop into successful companies that stand out from their competitors. There are two awards in the Rising Star program, one for a company driven mainly by women entrepreneurs and another driven mainly by male entrepreneurs.
Quotes from Rising Star winners 2016
„Our focus for the last few months has been on adding enterprise customers internationally. Being named as a Deloitte Rising Star is a fantastic way to get international exposure while being associated with Deloitte's enterprise-friendly, AAA-quality brand,"
Jói Sigurdsson, Founder and CEO of CrankWheel.
- Industry recognition of achieving substantial growth
- Domestic attention of the press, customers, suppliers etc.
- A boost for your brand, company image and network
- Heightened interest from investors, funds and partners
- Access to the Fast50 community at Deloitte
Rising Star applies to the following technology categories as well as all sub-categories and other related categories:
- Digital Content
- Internet and Electronic Networks
- Electronic Devices
- Medical Devices
- Sigurður Hannesson, Managing Director, SI - the Federation of Icelandic Industries
- Bala Kamallakharan, investor
- Gudrun A. Saevarsdottir, Dean School of Science and Engineering at Reykjavik University
- Helga Waage, founder and CEO of Mobilitus
- Hilmar Bragi Janusson, Dean of the School of Engineering and Natural Science at the University of Iceland
- Sigridur Ingvarsdottir, Managing Director of Innovation Iceland
- Rakel Sveinsdottir, Chairman of the Association of Women Business Leaders in Iceland