Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and global trade issues around the globe.
- Australia-Indonesia: Australia and Indonesia have concluded negotiations for a bilateral free trade agreement.
- India: There are a number of GST updates.
- India: There are customs and trade updates regarding AEO applications, paperless processing of documents for exports, and applications for Import Export Codes.
- India: There has been a High Court judgment on the constitutional validity of a GST clause.
- Indonesia: There have been changes regarding the Importer Identification Number.
- Indonesia: Producers exporting e-liquids will be provided with incentives.
- Indonesia: There is a new regulation regarding the Online Single Submission.
- Indonesia: There is an article 22 income tax rate increase for certain import goods.
- GCC: There are VAT and excise duty updates from the GCC, in particular UAE and KSA.
- Angola: There are updates on VAT and excise duty implementation.
- Finland: There is a court judgment on the VAT taxable status of vessels used for rescue and assistance operations.
- France: A new law aims to reinforce a taxpayer’s 'right to be mistaken' and to introduce new guarantees.
- Greece: Emergency measures have been been adopted to support citizens affected by the fires in the Attica Region on 23 and 24 July 2018.
- Greece: Guidelines have been issued for input VAT deduction by taxable persons filing late declarations for the commencement of business activities.
- Hungary: The Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary has proposed the introduction of a reverse charge for soy.
- Hungary: A proposal has been submitted to the European Council to allow Hungary to adopt a presumed VAT input deduction rate of 50% on the use of the leased cars.
- Ireland: Irish Revenue issued an eBrief to announce updated guidance on the VAT treatment of business assets disposed of by way of a transfer of a business.
- Ireland: Irish Revenue issued an eBrief on the movement of excisable products.
- Italy: The form is now available for election to form a VAT group.
- Italy: There is an update on VAT ledgers for e-invoices.
- Italy: There is a new method for paying customs duties.
- Italy: The Customs authorities have provided operative guidelines regarding the use of TIR carnets.
- Netherlands: The announcement of the annual budget took place on 18 September 2018, including indirect tax announcements on the reduced VAT rate, the VAT scheme for small businesses, the VAT sports exemption, and the implementation of the VAT e-commerce Directive.
- Netherlands: The Supreme Court has ruled that the opportunity to park at a nature park is an independent service, subject to the VAT standard rate of 21%.
- Poland: There is an update on VAT deregistration.
- Poland: There is a draft bill regulating the VAT treatment of vouchers.
- Russia: The Ministry of Finance has clarified the application of VAT rates for advance payments under agreements signed before 1 January 2019.
- Russia: The Central Bank of Russia has analyzed the influence of the VAT rate increase on inflation.
- Russia: There are a number of customs changes.
- Russia: A limitation on ozone-depleting substances has been introduced.
- South Africa: Registration requirements have been implemented for cargo reporters.
- Switzerland: The Swiss Federal Tax Administration has announced that only businesses liable for Swiss VAT with a registered office, domicile, or permanent establishment on Swiss territory will be required to pay the corporate fee for radio and television fee.
- United Kingdom: The Government has issued technical notices on a 'no deal' Brexit scenario.
- United Kingdom: There are proposed VAT changes for digital services to consumers from January 2019.
Eurasian Economic Union
- Eurasian Economic Union: A zero import customs duty rate has been introduced for certain equipment for fish farming.
- Eurasian Economic Union: The zero import customs duty rate for certain types of goods has expired.
- Eurasian Economic Union: The trigger protective measures in respect of goods originating from Vietnam has expired.
- Eurasian Economic Union: An anti-dumping measure for goods from China has been extended.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Tariff quotas have been introduced for agricultural products.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Unified veterinary-sanitary requirements for activities subject to veterinary control (supervision) have been introduced.