Indirect Tax implications of COVID-19 in the GCC
In moments of uncertainty and concern, it is not only about what leaders of organizations do but equally how they do it that matters. COVID-19 has taken the world by surprise, causing a great deal of uncertainty.
Our recent webinar aims to provide guidance on the Indirect Tax implications of COVID-19 in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
Our Tax specialists across the region discussed the following topics:
- VAT treatment of staff and remote working
- VAT treatment of medical goods and services
- Quarantine and cancellations’ impact on VAT payments and recovery
- Tax authorities’ position during this time
- Practical Customs implications for businesses across the GCC
- Overview of measurements taken by Tax authorities across the globe