Asia Pacific International Core of Excellence(AP ICE)
AP ICE is available to help you, with everything from new-business development to “one-off,” day-to-day issues that are often experienced in client engagements, to the cross-border orchestration and leveraging of tax resources in our network of affiliated firms across the globe.
Increasing your management of global tax issues becomes more important as tax laws continually change. Critical to this process is the knowledge and seamless integration of foreign tax considerations. This is challenging for several reasons:
• You may have experienced tax specialists, but few companies can afford to have specialists in all of the major foreign tax jurisdictions around the world.
• You might rely on tax advisors for help in foreign jurisdictions, but do you have access to them when you need them? Is it economical to have them travel to your offices for in-person consultation?
• While these foreign specialists may have great local insight, they often do not have a firm grasp of how local tax issues coincide with those at the global level.
Asia Pacific ICE can help.
We are a team of 20 highly experienced tax professionals from Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, United Kingdom, and the United States.
We are available to help you, with everything from new-business development to “one-off,” day-to-day issues that are often experienced in client engagements, to the cross-border orchestration and leveraging of tax resources in our network of affiliated firms across the globe.
We have assembled and integrated this group of senior tax professionals into our Asia Pacific Tax practice, based in Hong Kong — these are specialists who not only understand your specific needs, but who also have a solid technical understanding of the various foreign tax jurisdictions from which they have come. As a result, we are able to offer instantaneous multi-jurisdictional ideas and opportunities.
Our practitioners are available whenever and wherever you need us, and can provide services in an extensive range of areas, including:
• International tax issues
• Cash repatriation
• Impact of business restructurings on worldwide taxes and foreign tax credits
• Tax consequences of supply chain restructurings
• Use of intellectual property in a global enterprise
• Tax aspects of financing strategies
• Business expansion planning, including choice of entity and capitalization issues
• Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
• Tax risk management and base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) issues
• Tax treaty interpretation
Our specialists maintain frequent contact with Deloitte local member firms in key foreign jurisdictions, keeping apprised of local issues and increasing their knowledge about the latest local tax information. This means you can have access to the most up-to-date insights, in the context of your company’s specific needs. In fact, we can have someone in your office in a matter of hours to brief you on the latest developments and authoritatively help you with your tax planning and decision-making.