Deloitte recognized as a global leader in Innovation Strategy Consulting by ALM | Deloitte | PR has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte recognized as a global leader in Innovation Strategy Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 6 September 2017—Deloitte announced today that ALM Intelligence has ranked it as a global leader in Innovation Strategy Consulting. In the report, entitled Innovation Strategy Consulting 2017, Nathan Simon, Director, Lead for Strategy & Operations Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte combines market-leading depth and breadth in innovation strategy – a relatively rare outcome across consulting markets.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for Innovation Strategy consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
According to ALM, Innovation Strategy Consulting refers to “aligning innovation to strategies, furthering technology development, structuring and managing an Innovation portfolio, and injecting user-centric and non-linear design thinking that fosters more collaborative, cross-disciplinary innovation.”
- “With a mix of design, digital, and strategy capabilities acquired and refined over a number of years, Deloitte excels in assisting clients with developing the processes and methods for executing innovation strategies. Notable areas of strength include helping clients imbue their operating models with immersive design thinking and agile development.”
- “Notable areas of strength include needs assessment discovery activities, strategy and operating system design, and project management delivery capabilities. In the latter area, Deloitte’s links to startups, external technical experts at Singularity University, and crowdsourcing comprise a powerful triumvirate for coordinating and accelerating execution activities.”
- “Deloitte provides innovation strategy services via its Doblin affiliate, which the organization acquired as part of Monitor Group and has since integrated into Deloitte Digital. Deloitte also draws heavily on its Monitor Deloitte strategy resources, as well as other elements of its Strategy & Operations practice.”
- “[Deloitte] supplements its internal assets with an exclusive alliance with Singularity University, its Pixel crowdsourcing platform, and Bridge, its subscription-based, curated ecosystem of startups.”
- “Deloitte’s approach to consulting flows from their belief that innovation needs to be both practical and human-centric. Deloitte has evolved this around a number of viewpoints. One, Total Innovation, holds that companies must manage innovation as an integrated system, with resources allocated against ambitions for the core business as well as adjacent and transformational opportunities. Another, called Ten Types of Innovation, posits a disciplined method for constructing innovations from combinations of changes to the business system, offering, and experience.”
- “Most recently, Deloitte is adapting insights from behavioral economics to help companies take account of how psychological and emotional factors drive customer behavior.”
- “[Deloitte’s] service delivery model reflects two points of view. One is that innovation almost always has a digital component. This manifests in the co-location and integration of project teams with resources from Deloitte Digital, Doblin, Heat (the firm’s recently acquired creative agency), and its Monitor Deloitte strategy practice with a mandate to drive broader digital transformations for its clients. An extension of this delivery model is the establishment of similar resource combinations, what Deloitte terms “digital foundries,” at its clients to serve as innovation engines for scaling ideas. These are initially staffed with a significant Deloitte contingent, but are ultimately transitioned over to clients. The other point of view is that the most effective method for instilling innovation capabilities at clients is to partner on projects to jointly bring innovative ideas to successful launches in the marketplace. Consequently, Deloitte emphasizes co-creation with clients, in many cases through immersive experiences at Deloitte’s greenhouse studios, and driving to prototypes that can be tested in the market within four to six weeks.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 245,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.