Sustainability | Deloitte | About Deloitte has been added to your bookmarks.
At Deloitte, our commitment to sustainability encompasses a broad scope of endeavors. It involves helping member firm clients manage their operations and supply chains in ways that address environmental and social impacts and reduce risks. Likewise, it involves responsibly managing operations and championing ecological initiatives across the Deloitte network of approximately 264,000 people. For example, we are working to create smart, green workplaces of the future.
In short, it means improving our environmental performance, considering stakeholder views and reporting transparently on our activities.
Among the many examples of sustainability initiatives taken by Deloitte firms in FY2017:
- Deloitte Australia purchased goods from approved ethical, indigenous and fair-trade certified suppliers, where possible, and required relevant suppliers to comply with environmental standards put forth by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Deloitte Belgium opened its new head office, the Gateway, which received an Excellent label under the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM).
- Deloitte Brazil offset 100 percent of its greenhouse emissions with social carbon credits that promote emissions reductions and stimulate businesses that promote those reductions.
- Deloitte Canada’s new office space in Montreal achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum certification.
- Deloitte China colleagues contributed to a green lifestyle by donating reusable items to those in need for its 10th annual Green Giving Day donation campaign.
- Deloitte Finland provided access to Deloitte bicycles for all its people.
- Deloitte Germany obtained ISO 50001 certifications in energy management.
- Deloitte Ireland achieved ISO 14001 recertification and launched initiatives related to gardening, green teams and wellness challenges aimed at increasing cycling, running and walking.
- Deloitte Luxembourg’s people test drove electric vehicles and discovered more sustainable options for commuting on Green Mobility Day.
- Deloitte Mexico’s new D.Líderes learning center achieved LEED Gold certification.
- Deloitte New Zealand’s new Wellington office met a Green Star 5 rating.
- Deloitte Africa reduced business travel by 9 percent.
- Deloitte Spain published an independently assured Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) report.
- Deloitte UK won the “Most Environmentally Friendly Firm” professional services award from the Managing Partner’s Forum.
- Deloitte LLP (US) made available car-sharing memberships to its people and switched to 100 percent recycled paper for business cards and letterhead.
The network’s most significant improvements in environmental performance resulted from managing greenhouse gas emissions from travel and buildings.
- Deloitte achieved a 3 percent decrease from FY2016 absolute greenhouse gas emissions despite an 8 percent rise in overall headcount.
- Deloitte’s carbon efficiency continues to improve—carbon intensity per full-time equivalent dropped 11 percent globally, and carbon intensity per dollar of revenue dropped 9 percent from FY2016.
- Emissions from buildings dropped 2 percent across the network from FY2016 and offices bought 44 percent more renewable energy.