Join our team
Porticus is the international organisation that manages and develops the philanthropic programmes of charitable entities established by Brenninkmeijer family entrepreneurs. Our work builds on the heritage of charitable engagement of Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer, the two brothers who founded the clothing retailer C&A in 1841. We collaborate with partners around the globe to foster human dignity,social justice and sustainability.
Working within Porticus’ areas of education, society, faith and care, as well as in the fields of economic development and climate change, we aim to contribute to systemic social change by combining our global expertise with our grassroots networks all over the world. Porticus currently operates twelve offices on five continents and annually supports more than 2,000 partner organisations in over 90 countries. Porticus is seeking to recruit a talented and result-oriented individual to fill the position of a Grants Administrator to be based in Nairobi. The role reports to the Grants Manager with regular travel within the region.
Handling incoming grant applications
- Owns and operates the grant administration system (Salesforce/
- Assesses the financial dimension of applications, showing
analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ensures appropriate internal follow-up and external responses
to grant applications; and
- Discusses new applications internally and requests additional
information from applicants.
Monitoring grant process
- Monitors due dates for reports, scheduled payments, pending
applications etc; and
- Ensures (financial) follow-up of approved applications.
- Prepares aggregated reports containing management data; and
- Fulfills the office reporting requirements as requested by the
General and Administrative Support of Programme Managers
and Grant Managers
- Organize travel arrangements, prepare information for visits,
prepare and coordinate meetings with (potential) partners;
- Prepare and provide data analysis for team members; and
- Handle communication between Porticus and partners.
Qualifications and competencies
- Minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in an
administrative or supportive role; experience in making contracts
and payments is an advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree or federal diploma;
- Fluency in English and (a) local language(s);
- Skilled in Office 365 and other MS software, familiar with
- Team player with good organisational skills;
- Charity/NGO experience is an advantage; and
- Desire to contribute towards helping others and the greater
- The position is fulltime; and
- You will be part of a larger highly diverse international
How to apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience and quoting the job title ‘Grants Administrator’ as the subject of your email. To be considered, your application must be received on email by Monday, 4 June 2018 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way - Westlands,
P.O Box 40092 - GPO 00100,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.