Direct Tax (CIT and WHT) and Employee Tax Bootcamp
8 March 2018 Nairobi
Would you want to gain practical understanding of Direct Tax (Corporation/ Income/ Withholding Tax/ Employee Tax)? Do you see yourself applying the knowledge in your current role to determine your organization’s tax risk exposure and tax opportunity planning areas? If this describes you, Deloitte School of Tax is pleased to invite you for a Half-day bootcamp on Direct Tax (CIT, WHT and Employee Tax).
The workshop will ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the principles that govern corporate income tax, withholding tax and employee tax. The workshop is designed and delivered by tax practitioners with over 10 years of experience. The course will cover the following content:
- Imposition of Income Tax;
- Exemption from Income tax;
- Ascertainment of Total Income-Deductions allowed and deductions not allowed;
- Capital deductions;
- Persons assessable & assessments;
- Returns and record-keeping;
- Communications & Electronic System;
- Administrative Penalties; and
- Finance Act 2017 - changes affecting business tax.
Date: Thursday, 8 March 2018
Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobiopen in new window Register Now
- Introduction-principles of Withholding Tax (WHT);
- The legislation;
- Payments/services subject to WHT;
- Obligations to deduct;
- WHT administration;
- WHT penalties and interest;
- Complex issues/KRA audit issues;
- WHT Planning; and
- Finance Act 2017 - changes affecting WHT.
- Understanding basic PAYE concepts;
- What constitutes Taxable income;
- Non-Taxable benefits;
- Allowable deductions;
- Tax reliefs;
- Other employment payments;
- PAYE forms and returns;
- Penalties and offences;
- Objections and appeals;
- Gray areas; and
- Tax Planning ideas.
- Finance and Tax professionals
- Account receivable and payables
- Fixed Asset Accountants
- Tax compliance officers
Please register your interest to attend the Tax and Transfer Pricing Workshop here before 06 March 2018. Our team will then reach out to provide you with the invoicing details.
The charge for the seminar will be KShs. 28,000 (excluding VAT) per person. This covers the cost of refreshments, lunch and seminar materials. Please make all payments payable to‘Deloitte & Touche’ Please Reference: DIR010318.
Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to:
Ms. Vera Adongo
Deloitte & Touche
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari,
P. O. Box 40092 - GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel/Direct: +254 (0)20 423 0333; 020 423 0000
We look forward to seeing you at the table.
Interested in our upcoming trainings?
Please Click here for a full listing of upcoming trainings.