Indirect Tax Bootcamp
25 January 2018
This full day workshop will focus on the recent changes and trends in Customs, Excise and VAT and the current practical challenges facing tax payers.
The Bootcamp will also extend to cover current global trends in the customs, excise duty and VAT space.
Value Added Tax
- Charge to Tax;
- Registration for VAT;
- Place and time of supply;
- Taxable value;
- Input tax deduction;
- VAT refunds;
- Invoices, records and returns;
- Key provisions moved to the TPA; and
- Trending VAT areas.
open in new window Register Now
- Sources of Customs law;
- The East Africa Customs Union;
- Tariff Classification;
- Valuation; and
- Post Clearance Audit.
- Sources of Excise Law;
- Introduction to excise duty;
- Policy considerations;
- Types of rates;
- Imposition of excise duty;
- Excisable goods and services;
- Goods and services not liable to excise duty;
- Time and place of supply;
- Timing of excise duty liability;
- Excise valuation; and
- Excise duty returns.
- Finance and Tax professionals in the:
- Manufacturing industry
- Transportation and logistics industry
- Consumer goods industry
- Oil and gas industry
- Financial services industry
Please register your interest to attend the Tax and Transfer Pricing Workshop here. Our team will then reach out to provide you with the invoicing details.
The fee for this course is Kshs 37,000
Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to:
Ms. Vera Adongo
Deloitte & Touche
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari,
P. O. Box 40092 - GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel/Direct: +254 (0)20 423 0333; 020 423 0000
We look forward to hosting you