Kenya Tax Treaty Workshop | DSOT | Deloitte Kenya has been added to your bookmarks.
Kenya Tax Treaty Workshop
29 March 2018 Nairobi
Did you know Kenya has signed and ratified 14 Double Tax Agreements (DTA) over the last 42 years? Notably, half (7) of these agreements were signed and ratified in the last 8 years. When doing cross border trading, it is critical that all parties understand their respective tax obligations and the interpretation and application of available tax treaties.
This workshop is intended to walk you through the key provisions in the new DTAs while refreshing your understanding on the current DTAs. We shall also highlight key amendments in the Kenya India DTA and cover the DTAs that Kenya has signed but are not yet ratified thus not in force.
Specifically, the workshop will cover the following areas:
- Kenya France DTA
- Kenya Mauritius DTA
- Kenya India DTA
- Kenya South Africa DTA
- Kenya South Korea DTA
- Kenya Netherlands DTA
- Kenya United Kingdom DTA
- Kenya United Arab Emirates DTA
- Kenya Iran DTA
- Kenya Qatar DTA
- Overview of Double Tax Agreements;
- Interpretation and practical application of the tax treaties;
- Treaty residence and treaty shopping anti-avoidance measures;
- Permanent Establishment and liaison offices;
- Controversial issues i.e. Management fees articles vs business profit;
- Income not expressly mentioned in the DTA;
- Treaties that are based on UN Model Convention vs those prior to 2010;
- Treaty related BEPS provisions;
- DTA tax relief methods i.e. Credit vs Deduction method and Kenya law on tax credits;
- Limitation of DTA as per Section 41 (5) of the Kenya Income Tax Act;
- Documents required by Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Revenue authority information sharing; and
- Mutual agreement procedures.
The target audience for this course are:
- Finance professionals
- Legal professionals
- Procurement professionals
- Business development professionalsTax treaties
Date: Thursday, 29 March 2018
Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobiopen in new window Register Now
Upon completion of the course you will receive a Deloitte- branded certificate. CPD points will also be awarded to all trainees, which can then be redeemed from the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
Please note that we are also registered with the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).
Please register your interest to attend the Kenya Tax Treaty Workshop here before 26 March 2018. Our team will then reach out to provide you with the invoicing details.
The charge for the workshop will be KShs. 37,000 per person(excluding VAT). This covers the cost of refreshments, lunch and workshop materials. Please make all payments payable to ‘Deloitte & Touche’ Please Reference DTA290418.
Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to:
Ms. Vera Adongo
Deloitte & Touche
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari,
P. O. Box 40092 - GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel/Direct: +254 (0)20 423 0333; 020 423 0000
We look forward to seeing you at the table.
Interested in our upcoming trainings?
Please Click here for a full listing of upcoming trainings.