Taxation for Public Sector Entities
The National Budget has been on the rise over the years. With the rise of the National Budget, the Kenya Revenue Authority is under pressure to collect as much revenue as possible so that the government can cut down on debt to finance any deficit.
With heightened focus on the KRA to collect more revenue, KRA is now more than ever before keen on the tax compliance of sectors that they previously gave less attention. Among the sectors that are currently on KRA’s radar is the Public Sector, Non-Profit organisation, County Governments and Government parastatals.
To help equip public officers with tax knowledge on all areas of tax that may affect public institutions and therefore enhance compliance to avoid the costly penalties and interest that arise from non-compliance, Deloitte School of Tax is pleased to invite you to an all-inclusive tax training workshop that is specifically tailored to address the tax issues relevant to the Public entities.
The workshop will focus on the various taxes that impact public entities such as Withholding tax, Withholding VAT and employment tax (PAYE).
Upon completion of the course, your staff will be able to:
- Attain proficiency in tax compliance;
- Avoid instances of errors in handling tax related matters;
- Apply all learned tax concepts and recognize tax implication in your day-to-day operations; and
- Discuss and come up with workable solutions on tax matters.
Finance, Tax and Strategy professionals in:
- Non Profit Organisations;
- Universities, Colleges and Vocational Institutes;
- County Governments;
- National Government; and
- State and County Corporations.
- To provide participants with a working knowledge of the fundamental tax principles and rules that apply to public sector entities; and
- To empower the participants to stay on top of tax legislation and ensure compliance in everyday practice.
The charge for the workshop will be KES 52,500 (excluding VAT) per person. This covers the cost of refreshments, lunch and training materials. Please make all payments payable to ‘Deloitte & Touche’. Kindly reference: PST191018.
Date: Thursday, 25 October – Friday, 26 October 2018
Time: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Venue: Lake Naivasha Country Club, NaivashaRegister Now
Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to:
Ms. Hulder Amollo Muga
Deloitte & Touche
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari,
P. O. Box 40092 - GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel/Direct: +254 (0)20 423 0051; 0719 039 000
We look forward to seeing you at the Tax Retreat.
Interested in our upcoming trainings?
Please Click here for a full listing of upcoming trainings.