Tax training for Water Companies
8 - 9 March 2018 Naivasha
Deloitte School of Tax is pleased to invite you for an all-inclusive 2-day tax workshop covering various tax legislations that impact directly on Water Companies in Kenya.
- Are Water Service Providers liable for corporate income tax?;
- Exempt and taxable income;
- Eligibility for exemption and applicable procedures ;
- Capital allowances, including the tax implications after revaluation of assets;
- Management of KRA Audits;
- Objection process; and
- Application of waiver of penalties and interest.
open in new window Register Now
- Principles of withholding tax;
- Obligations placed on your institution under withholding tax;
- The withholding tax treatment of various payments to suppliers;
- Complex/ contentious withholding tax issues; and
- Withholding tax compliance procedures.
Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
- Basic PAYE concepts with a focus on areas that present a risk to water companies such as tax treatment of allowances/ per diems and non-cash benefits received from employment;
- Fringe benefit tax;
- Taxation of terminal dues / lump sum compensation;
- Compliance with PAYE procedures and filing requirements;
- The high-risk areas and the grey areas based on our experience and interaction with similar taxpayers as well as the revenue authority.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
We will provide an overview of VAT legislation in Kenya and delve into the areas that are of particular relevance to water companies, including the following:
- Business activities that may trigger obligation to register for VAT;
- Obligation as an agent of the KRA to withhold VAT and how to account for the withheld VAT;
- VAT remissions, exemptions and zero rating; and
- Common issues arising during KRA audits.
Tax Procedure Act
- What is the Tax Procedures Act (TPA)?;
- Tax administration as provided by the TPA;
- Miscellaneous provisions; and
- Transitional and savings.
iTax: Corporate Tax, VAT and Withholding Tax
- Demonstrate how to file the various tax returns;
- Demonstrate how to submit the tax returns to iTax;
- Demonstrate how to make obligation payments;
- Demonstrate how to retrieve filed tax return from iTax;
- Demonstrate how to obtain a statement of account; and
- Demonstrate how to file for a tax compliance certificate.
- Finance directors
- Chief Accountant
- Account Receivable and payable accountant
Please register your interest to attend the Tax and Transfer Pricing Workshop here. Our team will then reach out to provide you with the invoicing details.
The fee for this course is Kshs 55,950
Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to:
Ms. Vera Adongo
Deloitte & Touche
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari,
P. O. Box 40092 - GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel/Direct: +254 (0)20 423 0333; 020 423 0000
We look forward to seeing you at the table.
Interested in our upcoming trainings?
Please Click here for a full listing of upcoming trainings.