Climate change is not a choice. It's billions of them.
The effects of climate change are significant. But together, we can drive positive change. Progress is possible if we act collectively, and it is vital that we all (business and society) take urgent and immediate action.
To do our part to help the world achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, Deloitte has launched WorldClimate, our strategy to drive responsible climate choices within our organization and beyond.
We recognize change starts within. Deloitte must set and meet higher standards for itself, empowering our professionals and connecting with our broader ecosystem to create solutions that facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
The opportunity to create a more sustainable world is at our collective fingertips, and we must all ask ourselves,
What climate action will I take today?
Commitment to science-based net-zero with 2030 goals
Deloitte’s near-term(2030) greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals have been validated by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as 1.5°C-aligned, science-based targets. Deloitte has also committed to set long-term emissions reduction targets using the SBTi’s Net Zero Standard.
Our near-term goals are to :
- Reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions 70% by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
- Reduce Scope 3 GHG emissions from business travel 50% per FTE by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
- Engage with our major suppliers with the goal of having 67% (by emissions) set
science-based targets by 2025.
- Invest in meaningful market solutions for emissions we cannot eliminate.
Our additional 2030 goals to reduce emissions include :
- Sourcing 100% renewable energy for our buildings.
- Converting 100% of our fleet to hybrid and electric vehicles.
Deloitte’s near-term goals (2030) were validated in advance of the issuance of the SBTi Net-Zero Standard. Deloitte’s next step will be to set long-term emissionsreduction targets following the SBTi standard to continue playing our part in achieving a net-zero world.
If you need further information on WorldClimate of Deloitte Global, please check this link.