Inside Magazine - Issue 18
June 2018 - COO, CHRO, CEO & CFO
In this edition, we focus on some of the disruptive trends that capture our attention, and on how firms can capitalize on their strategy and their people to better evolve and build foundations for the future. Market game-changers and technical innovations as well as regulatory perspectives will continue to affect your daily activities and results. Achieving full digital transformation requires new technologies, new processes, and a transcendent change. We hope the vision you will find in the following pages will give you the necessary overview to position yourself and to conduct the needed shift. Simultaneously, despite low interest rates, market volatility, and client sophistication, firms will see new regulations (and above all, MiFID II) as an opportunity instead of a threat. You will find some concrete and meaningful examples present in this edition.
However, at the end of the day, organizations that will succeed are those that triumph in combining the best of the digital and the best of the human. Firms must hence implement a cultural shift that is as important as the innovation shift. Whether that is strategy, added value, or questioning, it is all about people; staff education, training, as well as management practices have never been as critical as today in adding value to your business.
There is no single technology or approach that will enable your organization to move into the digital age and remain up to speed with continuously evolving regulations. Conversely, firms must engage in an ongoing process of identifying how they can adapt to the disruptive trends and new regulations through their workforce and strategy. This will be the necessary key possessed by the leaders of tomorrow.
In this issue
Part 01 | From market game-changers & tech innovations perspectives
- The future of Europe
Interview Herman Van Rompuy
- Get ready for the EU 27 single market
- Benchmarking of 248 financial institutions
Are EMEA banks prepared for the new world of banking?
- Disruption and innovation in financial services
Banking innovation series
- Luxembourg and the Banking Industry of Tomorrow
Interview Anders Van La Cour
- EU cross-border payments
An evolving concept
- Embarking on the payment transformation journey
Part 02 | From a regulatory perspective
- Level of readiness, strategic responses and major trends for 2018 in the wake of MiFID II
When the going gets tough, the tough get going...
- Stirring up the perfect investment offering and pricing in a post-MiFID II world
To cook or to be cooked - that is the question
- The MiFID II paradigm shift
- The AML/CTF compliance transformation
- Ten years after the financial crisis, how have IFRS changed the role of the CFO within organizations?
IFRS: Mission accomplished?
Part 03 | From corporate strategies & people perspectives
- Sowing the seeds of a fruitful 2019 through benchmarking
It's harvest time!
- Driving growth through Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- An overview of the US, EU and Luxembourg market
M&A benefits for the banking sector consolidation
- A strategic approach to real estate management
- Increasing regulatory training requirements in the banking and financial industry
A burden or an opportunity?
For more information, contact the leaders below: