Cyber Risk services
Be secure, vigilant, and resilient
Cyber culture is growing more rapidly than cyber security, and everything that depends on cyberspace is potentially at risk.
Governments and commercial organisations across the globe are asking the questions: “How do I manage cyber threats to my digital assets; would we know if we had a security breach and if so how would we respond; does our security meet the expectations of industry regulators, shareholders and customers?”
Cyber Security. Evolved.
The rapid pace of change in technology has provided huge opportunities for organisations to develop new models, services and products. But while the digital revolution has evolved the way we do business, it has also created a sophisticated and complex set of security issues.
Assets that were once physically protected are accessible online; customer channels are vulnerable to disruption; criminals have new opportunities for theft and fraud.
While every organisation’s needs are different – and we tailor our approach accordingly – Deloitte offers a range of services that cover the three critical elements of effective and agile cyber security:
Secure - Enabling enterprise business innovation by protecting critical assets against known and emerging threats across the ecosystem.
Vigilant - Reducing detection time and developing the ability to detect the unknown.
Resilient - Crisis management, diagnostics and solutions so clients can minimise the material impact of cyber attacks in real time at any time to strengthen the ability to recover when incidents occur.
Information protection issues present a growing challenge. Conforming to the associated requirements ensures there are no unforeseen interruptions to your operations.
Customer and employee concerns over personal information and sensitive data can lead to reputational risk. Breaches in data protection legislation can inhibit organizational change and adversely affect technology integration.
Deloitte’s experience can help our member firm clients understand the key factors for reducing exposure to critical risks and potential damage to brand, including help in the following areas:
- Privacy and data protection strategy
- Building an organization-wide inventory and classification map of personal data
- Policies and procedures
- Training and awareness
- Cross-border data transfers
- Data retention
- Compliance with law enforcement requests
- Building privacy controls into IT projects
- Managing varied international compliance requirements
- Audit and monitoring programs for ongoing data protection compliance
Given the ever-changing nature and complexity of today's business ecosystems, the technology environments, and cyber threat environments, business leaders are beginning to accept that not all cyber incidents can be prevented. Of the cyber-attacks and breaches that do occur, some may become full-blown business crises. How damaging they become could depend, in part, on how rapidly the situation can be analyzed, how decisively leaders take action and how effectively teams interact with customers, media, legal counsel, law enforcement and industry peers. Resilient services help clients be prepared. Don't wait until a cyber-attack happens. We can help.
- Cyber Crisis Management services help clients develop playbooks, policies, and skillsets to support quick, effective cyber incident response.
- Cyber War-Gaming and Simulation services create environments for teams to rehearse their response to staged incidents, allowing them to develop "muscle memory" and identify areas that may need to be improved in order to prepare for a real-world situation.
- Disaster Recovery services provide support to enact contingency plans and return technical operations to a normal state following a cyber-attack or other disruption.
- Cyber Incident Response Support services dispatch skilled technical and crisis management personnel when an incident occurs to assist in technical analysis, containment and post-incident recovery.
To grow and thrive, organizations are increasingly dependent on their complex technology ecosystems to connect with customers and constituents in new ways, to increase reach and profitability, and to garner data-driven insights for strategic decision-making. But as cyber-attacks occur with greater frequency and severity, board members and executives are becoming aware that technology-based innovations and initiatives also open doors to cyber risks.
Traditional security programs have often been unsuccessful in unifying the need to both secure and support technology innovation required by the business. Deloitte's Cyber Risk Program Development and Governance services support the transition to an executive-led cyber risk program that balances requirements to be secure, vigilant, and resilient in line with the risk appetite of the organization.
- Cyber risk and IT security program assessments, conducted on an enterprise-wide basis for specific business areas, provide insight on areas of strength and weakness and guide ongoing investment and organizational transition strategies.
- Executive cyber threat awareness programs help business leaders gain a better understanding of the cyber risk landscape, including how it may impact their particular organization, and establish cyber risk management priorities.