Complex Accounting has been saved
Staying ahead of new financial reporting requirements can be difficult -particularly for companies that do not have in-house resources to address complex accounting and disclosure matters. The complex accounting decisions organizations make can have a profound impact on how they are evaluated by stakeholders - and their overall financial stability.
To enhance confidence in the accounting decisions made by Finance leaders, we provide a pragmatic, business-oriented approach that considers the holistic impact to stakeholders and the organization.
Our complex accounting solutions include:
New accounting standards implementations
Our assurance services help you address risks and improve reporting capabilities, as well as adopt and maintain compliance with the new accounting requirements.
From assessing business impacts on operations and financial statements to changes in accounting policy, we can assist you with your implementation roadmap.
Key support areas include:
- Financial instrument accounting assurance (IFRS 9 )
- Lease accounting assurance (IFRS 16)
- Revenue recognition assurance (IFRS 15)
- Insurance accounting assurance (IFRS 17)
- Help our clients navigate the IFRS consequences of IBOR reform including implications for hedge accounting and asset or liability restructuring
Assurance services providing access to the depth and breadth of Deloitte's technical professionals to assist with addressing International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting issues. Services are on an “on-call” basis, making them flexible and scalable, and include:
- Accounting events
- Strategic transactions
- New accounting standards implementations
- Financial reporting
Our financial instruments capability can support you on the implementation of the new IFRS 9 financial instruments standard, including hedge accounting and accounting for expected credit losses, with tailored assistance to clients at each phase of an implementation project.
Our services help businesses assess the impact of adopting new reporting frameworks on financial statements.
Key assistance areas include:
- Financial statement impact assessment
- Development of methodological framework for adoption of, or transition from, different reporting frameworks
- Implementation of information systems