Plans for success
Our Capital Projects professionals help clients that face considerable pressure from delays, revisions and risks arising from inadequate planning, poor governance and controls, unreliable project reporting, misaligned financing, indeterminate liability and cost overruns.
Our team helps unlock value by identifying efficiencies, overseeing revisions to processes and systems, in addition to minimising value leakage where identified. From beginning to end, Deloitte’s Capital Projects team bridges the gap between finance and projects, and is focused on one objective - maximizing value.
Deloitte’s Capital Projects practice is one of the regions most established professional advisory platforms to the built environment. It pioneered the development of in house Finance and Capital Projects capability amongst the Big 4 professional firms based in the Middle East. The team is comprised of seasoned industry professionals, ranging from project/programme managers, quantity surveyors, planners, engineers and construction finance specialists.
The team have worked closely with the Public and Private sector, from developing and actively managing major programmes, creating bespoke Project Controls and driving Capital Efficiency in projects, through to providing intervention to distressed or underperforming projects by delivering improved outcomes.
Our professionals, all of whom are based in the Middle East region, bring a unique combination of skills and international finance and capital projects experience. Our professionals have experience and qualifications in construction, corporate finance, real estate, engineering, investments, research, quantity surveying, architecture, project management and planning. These professionals work side by side every day with government bodies, investors, developers and contractors on projects around the region to help manage and resolve performance issues on highly complex construction projects.
By bringing together this unique combination of financial and industry expertise, the Capital Projects team is able to provide our clients with the following benefits:
- Proactive and hands-on programme management;
- More robust and governed selection process for partners and suppliers;
- More transparent and reliable controls systems and processes to achieve successful outcomes;
- More value for the assets being delivered by driving efficiency, without compromising quality;
- More confidence in project planning to mitigate future disputes and claims.
The Infrastructure Finance team leads our Public Sector advisory capability and is home to a number of sector specialists within the Middle East. Our services include:
- Infrastructure planning
- Privatization preparation
- Project Finance
- Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- Partner and Supplier Selection
- Bid Management and Evaluation
- Infrastructure Policy
- Tender management
- Project Finance
- Partner & Contractor selection
The outcome of an effective Capital Efficiency initiative is a better understanding of:
- Your assets, their value and performance
- The Project and Facilities Management platform to serve the asset
- Income optimization and overall performance management
Our Project Assurance professionals offer an actionable plan - not just ideas - to get our clients projects and businesses back to maximum operating performance by assisting them with the following services:
- Governance & Procedures
- Controls & Contract review
- Time, Cost & Risk development