Leaders from our global infrastructure M&A teams
explore the dynamics impacting key markets around the world
- Which geographic markets are attracting the most interest from financial investors in infrastructure?
- Why are they creating a buzz?
- Is the hype justified? Key considerations and challenges for investors.
- Which are the emerging markets to watch?
A tour of global hotspots
This Hot Markets article, published in Infrastructure Investor magazine (April 2015), explores all these questions and more, with specialist commentary from leaders in the global infrastructure M&A team on:
- Australia: Asset recycling has helped Australia become a global focus for investors, but in the midst of political uncertainty, how long will this last?
- Asia: Financial investment into the region will be a slow burn as tentative steps are taken towards developing PPP markets, and as investors in Australia begin looking at neighbouring opportunities.
- MENA: Governments have been cautious about private sector involvement in infrastructure, but the assumption that they can provide all the required funding is now being challenged.
- UK: Still the first port of call for investors examining opportunities in Europe, but can supply meet demand?
- Nordics: The only European region close to rivalling the UK, with lots of current deal activity and investors scouring the terrain, but how much is left?
- Germany: After a series of utilities and renewable energy deals a few years ago, regulation and taxation can now be very challenging and yield is hard to find.
- Poland: A market to watch?
- Spain: Here we go again.
Connect with your usual Deloitte contact or at email@example.com to discuss the insights in this article or your infrastructure investment plans.
About our Infrastructure M&A team
Deloitte’s global infrastructure M&A teams provide a comprehensive range of transaction-related services to help enable financial investors in infrastructure to make the most of new investment opportunities with an unwavering focus on structure, cash extraction and governance protections.
With specialists across major and emerging markets, we provide in-depth local knowledge as well as leading global infrastructure experience. Read more