International Property Handbook
2017 trends and a look back at 2016
Investors have significant amounts of capital to deploy, and the fund raising market for real estate investment remains strong. We believe that this will help sustain real estate investment into 2017 and beyond.
The International Property Handbook from Deloitte’s Global Real Estate & Construction group tracks real estate capital flow, and provides a view of investment trends and key deals in the most active international markets. It reflects back on 2016 analyzing economic data and real estate investment in 21 countries around the world to provide insights on potential trends in 2017.
Key trends include:
- Overall economic outlook is stronger, and there’s a significant increase in cross-border investments, especially in Europe.
- While the total investment volume remains stable, countries with positive investment volume growth are those in which investors expect growth due to macroeconomic indicators, expectations of rental growth, and yield compression.
- Offices continue to be the preference for investors.
- Private and unlisted funds are the most active net investors, followed by institutional funds.
- The capital raised continues to increase and investors are exploring new alternative markets.
Download the handbook to learn about the trends we are seeing in the market—and contact a Deloitte professional to learn more about the report and what it means to your business.